Reclaming GAP and Mechanical breakdown insurance from Welcome Finance!

Options
I dont know if anyone has any advise of trying to reclaim payments made (and ongoing) for other insurances through Welcome Finance.

Four months ago I sent my car back to Welcome Finance after paying back more than what the car was worth in monthly payments including GAP Insurance and Mechanical Breakdown cover which I never originally agreed too.

Now they still want me to pay £2600 (is increasing with letter and phone call charges) for the insurance I would still be paying over the next 18 months.

I had already complained to the FOB who advised I needed to make it official with Welcome Finance.

I have spoken with the insurance companies direct who advised it is upto welcome finance they have to get the payment to them still.

On writing to Welcome Finance they sent back a standard letter stating I didnt have PPI so there wasnt an issue to querie!

They wont accept a monthly payment of £10 a month from me (which is now more than I can actually afford) so I'm getting late payment markers which is affecting what was a vastly improved credit rating.

I was hoping someone may of or know someone who has fought this battle as I'm a bit lost as to where to go next and running out of time.

Any advice at all will be very welcome.

regards,

Macky8

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    macky8 wrote: »
    I dont know if anyone has any advise of trying to reclaim payments made (and ongoing) for other insurances through Welcome Finance.

Four months ago I sent my car back to Welcome Finance after paying back more than what the car was worth in monthly payments including GAP Insurance and Mechanical Breakdown cover which I never originally agreed too.

Now they still want me to pay £2600 (is increasing with letter and phone call charges) for the insurance I would still be paying over the next 18 months.

I had already complained to the FOB who advised I needed to make it official with Welcome Finance.

I have spoken with the insurance companies direct who advised it is upto welcome finance they have to get the payment to them still.

On writing to Welcome Finance they sent back a standard letter stating I didnt have PPI so there wasnt an issue to querie!

They wont accept a monthly payment of £10 a month from me (which is now more than I can actually afford) so I'm getting late payment markers which is affecting what was a vastly improved credit rating.

I was hoping someone may of or know someone who has fought this battle as I'm a bit lost as to where to go next and running out of time.

Any advice at all will be very welcome.

regards,

Macky8

Hi Macky8 ;)

I have just posted some info on your other thread, hope it helps.
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Macky8

In case you have not come across my post yet, write to them to request a true copy of your Agreement, enclose a £1 cheque or postal order, and tell them you look forward to receiving your agreement by 12 days of your request.
    Post by recorded delivery.

This should enclose your details of the finance and any insurance.

If you then find you did have PPI, write to them again with your reasons, if they do not resolve, then go to the financial ombudsman service (FOS).

In regards of financial hardship, such as struggling to keep up your repayments with this, then write a letter and ask if they will accept your offers at this payment for not until your situation improves, or use the template on here:
    http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/debt_advice.php#6

You can of course post on the debtwannbe thread who are also very helpful and have been in the same situation, here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=76

Hope this helps you.
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business