PPi Refund. How do you do it?

Options
Hi, i recently received a flyer from a company regardin refunds of PPi, i rang them up and gave them details of a loan i had a few years ago with PPi they said they could follow this up but for £50 upfront fee. Does this sound right or a con? And how would i go about finding out details of past loans i no longer have a paperwork for please. Had loans going back to 1996ish and all had PPi in those days. Thanks Paul.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, i recently received a flyer from a company regardin refunds of PPi, i rang them up and gave them details of a loan i had a few years ago with PPi they said they could follow this up but for £50 upfront fee. Does this sound right or a con? And how would i go about finding out details of past loans i no longer have a paperwork for please. Had loans going back to 1996ish and all had PPi in those days. Thanks Paul.

Hi Paul.

Personally I would not bother, you can do this free with the help from this site and with template letters etc, you just pay for the cost of the stamps.

If you require any help, please post up, and check this link here as well in how the FOS calculates refunds.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1596473

And a link here of guidelines of reclaiming with templates and a checklist of mis selling reasons etc here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

I would be careful using these claims companies, if you do this yourself you will get to keep all what is owed to you.
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • dialysis
    dialysis Posts: 1,778 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Paul.

Personally I would not bother, you can do this free with the help from this site and with template letters etc, you just pay for the cost of the stamps.

If you require any help, please post up, and check this link here as well in how the FOS calculates refunds.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1596473

And a link here of guidelines of reclaiming with templates and a checklist of mis selling reasons etc here:

I would be careful using these claims companies, if you do this yourself you will get to keep all what is owed to you.
    Good luck.;)
    Hi Paul I agree with Di use this site and the templates. The people on here are fab and you will get lots of good advice and info. Good luck and let us know how you get on:D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    As you no longer have the paperwork for these loans and some are going back to 1996 it would be hard (although some firms may have records) to actually get copies of the agreements as most firms are only obliged to keep records going back 6 years. If however you have settled these loans within the last 6 years then they should still have these. To request the agreements from them you just send a letter recorded delivery requesting them and enclose cheque or postal order for £1 for each agreement and they have 12 days to comply with this or if the loans are with the same firm then maybe request a full subject access which is all the information but can take 40 days to supply the information to you but costs £10.

From then on you can make your complaints and see what they say. This is all something you can do for yourself and I would not pay any claim company.
  • PAULneedsHELP_2
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the advice, yes had a loan with welcome finance, paid off and then got another without ppi but possibly going BR with outstanding balance with them. Also Natwest loans in past with PPi. Do i write to head office? Is there any template letters on MSE. Thanks Paul.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the advice, yes had a loan with welcome finance, paid off and then got another without ppi but possibly going BR with outstanding balance with them. Also Natwest loans in past with PPi. Do i write to head office? Is there any template letters on MSE. Thanks Paul.

Your welcome Paul

If they have a complaints dept then write to them, if not the head office, it will all be passed on to the correct dept, best to post by recorded delivery, and yes there is are templates on this link here below, you cna use them if you want to or as a guide, with obviously your own reasons for why you believe you were mis sold.

Good luck with this Paul and if you require further help, just post up.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport