IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New Generation Parking Management Ltd

Options

Comments

• planetjez
    Options
    I've just had a Parking Charge Notice from NGP. We were in a carpark in the centre of Cardiff. My wife noticed two jokers in a white van taking our picture when we returned to the car. I only saw the parking notices when we drove out and they were about half the size of a for sale sign and about 7 ft up a lamp post.

I'm assuming even with photo evidence of us getting back into the car the ticket is still to be ignored??
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Getting back in seeing the driver how do they know who drove it in thats when their so called contract was made!!. irrelevant anyway just ignore them.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Unless the PPC has a database containing the photographs of everyone in this county, how are they going to identify said driver?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • planetjez
    Options
    fair points, I'd read previously about these parking tickets and the fact they were unenforcable invoices. A mate of mine who rang earlier said he'd got one in Crewe and is dutifully ignoring it as well.
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    "Photo evidence" is just a meaningless phrase designed to scare the victim into paying. Nothing more.
  • rjro1
    Options
    I received a PCN from New Generation Parking and following advice on moneysavingexpert.com drafted a reply to refute the ticket and have identified myself as the driver Reading this thread makes me think think that was a mistake. Is the ID of the driver the key bit of info they need to get a successful prosecution, or even if they know this can I safely ignore all future correspondence?
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rjro1 wrote: »
    I received a PCN from New Generation Parking and following advice on moneysavingexpert.com drafted a reply to refute the ticket and have identified myself as the driver Reading this thread makes me think think that was a mistake. Is the ID of the driver the key bit of info they need to get a successful prosecution, or even if they know this can I safely ignore all future correspondence?

Firstly its not a prosecution its a civil matter. Identifying the driver is one hurdle they have to jump, but there are many more, which they will fall at.

Just ignore them from now on!;)
  • grundie66
    Options
    Hi all,

We received a ticket from NGP while parking outside Pizza hut in red dragon centre cardiff.

After reading replies on this forum i ignored the letters but unfortunately today my girlfriend was in work and parked by Allensbank Road halls of residence and was given another ticket. The NGP warden issued us with a ticket and advised that she would be ok there for another 12 hours so not to worry moving the car and left. My girlfriend went back to work and the same warden came back (literally minutes later) and applied the clamp. Another car next to it was not clamped. We contacted NGP and they stated that due to "unpaid fines" we were clamped.

We had to then pay £325 to release the car. Its obviously bad luck that my girlfriend managed to park on property owned by NGP again. In hindsight my girlfriend thinks that the guy knew that the car had outstanding tickets when he entered the car reg onto his computer system and still advised it was ok to stay (allowing him to come back and clamp).

We can of course appeal but are we 're pretty certain we wont get the money for the outstanding ticket back, are we likely to get anything back from todays charge? any tips on how to appeal with regards to the poor signage?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    grundie66 wrote: »
    Hi all,

We received a ticket from NGP while parking outside Pizza hut in red dragon centre cardiff.

After reading replies on this forum i ignored the letters but unfortunately today my girlfriend was in work and parked by Allensbank Road halls of residence and was given another ticket. The NGP warden issued us with a ticket and advised that she would be ok there for another 12 hours so not to worry moving the car and left. My girlfriend went back to work and the same warden came back (literally minutes later) and applied the clamp. Another car next to it was not clamped. We contacted NGP and they stated that due to "unpaid fines" we were clamped.

We had to then pay £325 to release the car. Its obviously bad luck that my girlfriend managed to park on property owned by NGP again. In hindsight my girlfriend thinks that the guy knew that the car had outstanding tickets when he entered the car reg onto his computer system and still advised it was ok to stay (allowing him to come back and clamp).

We can of course appeal but are we 're pretty certain we wont get the money for the outstanding ticket back, are we likely to get anything back from todays charge? any tips on how to appeal with regards to the poor signage?

You need to go to https://www.pepipoo.com for help with this, you need to register then read the FAQs about uploading your paperwork, and then create a new thread, if you paid by credit card you may be able to to do a chargeback, otherwise you will have to take them, the agents and or landowners to the small claims to get back your money.

by the way its illegal to clamp a car for past alleged debts, if that is on your paperwork it will help.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    grundie66 wrote: »

You won't of course bother to 'appeal'!

You can and surely will make a small claim against them and whoever contracted them on the site where the car was clamped. This clamp was unlawful so you can get your money back plus expenses, court costs and 8%per annum interest.

Ask for help to sue them on pepipoo but DO NOT just sue NGP, it needs to be both parties (the Uni?):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure