We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Some advice needed for part-time study.
tasha-debt
Posts: 974 Forumite
Hi,
I am 27, work full time and all my wages go on living costs and debt re-payment. (debt is party my fault partly rescuing my parents from BR).
I really need to complete my CIPD (HR course) to go any further in my career. The cost is £5700 for two years of course fee's plus travel and books part-time. The course starts in Feb 2010.
I can not find any grants for HR courses. I have not completed any kind of further ed before so thought I would receive some help with my fee's as I dod not take help at 18!!!!!
I earn £23,500 but lose £2500 a year for travel so I dont bring home as much as I look like I do.
Any help or advice would be brilliant?
I have looked at a Career Developmenbt Loan but im not sure if I would be accepted for one?
I am 27, work full time and all my wages go on living costs and debt re-payment. (debt is party my fault partly rescuing my parents from BR).
I really need to complete my CIPD (HR course) to go any further in my career. The cost is £5700 for two years of course fee's plus travel and books part-time. The course starts in Feb 2010.
I can not find any grants for HR courses. I have not completed any kind of further ed before so thought I would receive some help with my fee's as I dod not take help at 18!!!!!
I earn £23,500 but lose £2500 a year for travel so I dont bring home as much as I look like I do.
Any help or advice would be brilliant?
I have looked at a Career Developmenbt Loan but im not sure if I would be accepted for one?
I’m back and more determined than ever!!!!!
0
Comments
-
Shamlessly bumping. Sorry.
I’m back and more determined than ever!!!!!0 -
Can your employer not pay?Gone ... or have I?0
-
I think that this is one of the areas for which you won't get funding and I agree that a CDL may not be possible with a poor credt record (no harm in applying though.).0
-
The only down side to applying for a PCDL if you think you are likely to be turned down is that the application will appear on your credit history as it is a commercial product.
If you are considering a PCDL, you should call 0800 585 505 for impartial advice & guidance.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards