We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mature Student elibigility for student accounts/offers?
neas
Posts: 3,801 Forumite
Hi all,
My wife is starting a social work masters course for 2 years. When I went to to uni at 18 i remember having allsorts of cool offers (travel cards, cash incentives etc) for taking on bank accounts with certain establishments.
Are these offers open to my wife too? If so how do i go about doing it?
And any recommendations? :O being a 1 worker family we need all the help we can get as she is not eligible for a student loan.
My wife is starting a social work masters course for 2 years. When I went to to uni at 18 i remember having allsorts of cool offers (travel cards, cash incentives etc) for taking on bank accounts with certain establishments.
Are these offers open to my wife too? If so how do i go about doing it?
And any recommendations? :O being a 1 worker family we need all the help we can get as she is not eligible for a student loan.
0
Comments
-
My mother went to Uni when she was in her late 30s, she was eligible for all the same discounts as every other student.MBNA CC: -£8390
Father-in-law loan: -£4500
Student loans: -£17,120
Total debt: -£30,010 :mad:0 -
I've been a mature student and I got student discounts, not sure how it works with doing a masters degree but I used to have just show my uni card...0
-
i mean like the student bank account ones :P0
-
i mean like the student bank account ones :P
http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/are-you-eligible/eligibility
That's the railcard discount...I also got money when I opened my student account 3 years ago...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards