🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Best place to buy a cheap bathroom suite

Options
Hi

Have been scanning the forums for a few months in preperation for buying our new house and the general consensus seems to have been that the Screwfix Grove Deluxe bathroom suite at £195 was a very good deal, good quality for a basic bathroom.

However after looking on the Screwfix site this morning have discovered that they have changed all their bathroom stock as they've put their stock through a trading arm. There is a grove suite still there but now it is £249! (and no option for normal or deluxe - the normal suite reviews said it came with some low quality fittings).
Does anyone know whether this new grove suite is still good value for money? Or where would be a better place to buy a bathroom suite?

Thanks

Comments

• tinkerbellsmum_2
    Options
    focus have bathrooms from 199 its a nice suite the 199 one to. when u move go in with your proof of moving and they will give u a 10% discount card so u can get it for and sometimes theres other offers on
  • Clark80
    Clark80 Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    I used plumbonline.net in North London for mine. I did however buy my taps and shower head seperately.
  • jimbugalee
    Options
    B&Q have half price on loads of their bathroom suites atm. Not sure if they come in around £200 though
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 2,889 Forumite
    Options
    Zeitgei5t wrote: »
    Hi

Have been scanning the forums for a few months in preperation for buying our new house and the general consensus seems to have been that the Screwfix Grove Deluxe bathroom suite at £195 was a very good deal, good quality for a basic bathroom.

However after looking on the Screwfix site this morning have discovered that they have changed all their bathroom stock as they've put their stock through a trading arm. There is a grove suite still there but now it is £249! (and no option for normal or deluxe - the normal suite reviews said it came with some low quality fittings).
    Does anyone know whether this new grove suite is still good value for money? Or where would be a better place to buy a bathroom suite?

Thanks

Ebay

Email the sellers directly and tell them what you want, your budget including delivery.

Several of them will come back to you with deals - I prefer steel baths most of the so called 'bargains' are plastic/resin baths - or whatever they are made from.
  • Zeitgei5t
    Options
    Thanks guys! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business