Marks and Spencers credit card PPI

Options
Hi

My wife had PPI on her credit card since she took it out and I stop it last year.

Do you think I could claim it back and also is it correct that they just added the PPI charge to the account each month and didn't actually take the payment on top on the min?

Thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    cejsmith wrote: »
    Hi

My wife had PPI on her credit card since she took it out and I stop it last year.

Do you think I could claim it back and also is it correct that they just added the PPI charge to the account each month and didn't actually take the payment on top on the min?

Thanks

Hello and welcome.;)

Yes if mis sold for any reason then go for it.

Below is a link of useful reclaiming guidelines, you will find template letters and a checklist of mis selling reasons, if any of them occurs to you (your wife), then write those reasons.
    You can use the templates or just as a guide and write your own words and of course your reasons, you do not need to write the amounts down at this time, as they hold these on their records, and they should supply you with a detailed breakdown on request.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

They have 8 weeks in full to respond, keep at them until they resolve in your favour, or until they issue the final response which should also enclose details of the financial ombudsman service (FOS).
    You should be able to take your complaint to the FOS if your not satisfied with the outcome.

Recommended to post by recorded delivery, for your proof of posting.

Good luck with this and please ask for help anytime, please keep us posted, cheers.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport