We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
'Deficit Banking'...can someone please explain!
student09
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi
I need help understanding the principles of 'deficit banking'. I recently read the article on student finance but I was confussed when the article said
"When your overdraft limit drops, move the necessary cash back to your current account"- MoneySavingExpert.com
What does it mean by
1) Move the necessary cash back?
2) to your current account?
Clearly i'm still a novice,
Regards
Student09
I need help understanding the principles of 'deficit banking'. I recently read the article on student finance but I was confussed when the article said
"When your overdraft limit drops, move the necessary cash back to your current account"- MoneySavingExpert.com
What does it mean by
1) Move the necessary cash back?
2) to your current account?
Clearly i'm still a novice,
Regards
Student09
0
Comments
-
Can you provide the link to where it says this?0
-
I would presume it means that if you have a student current account with an £800 overdraft limit, that you take the £800 and put it into a savings account to make interest on it. When your overdraft limit drops (after you graduate) to say, £400, you would take £400 from your savings and put it back into the current account.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards