PPI awarded but must agree to restructure loan

Options
I have now had my offer from HSBC offering me a refund but they say i must sign this letter which makes me agree to have my loan recalculated as they cannot jsut remove the PPI componant of the loan.

Im unsure about this as i have read some threads from people where the loan recalculation made the loan more expensive than the loan with insurance.

what are my options here please people?

Comments

• russt2000
    Options
    hi , if they are agreeing to repay all the ppi payments you have made and interest you have paid on that, then remove ppi as if it was never taken oout ,they will have to restate it , if they are asking you to sign , then get their assurance {in wting or email }that the terms of the loan will be what they were, when you took loan .
    they should do that, but some try to be difficult.
    russ
  • cot1198
    cot1198 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    HSBC should as they did with my loan...
    recalculate your loan without the PPI, in affect it's a new loan at the same interest rate as the original loan and without them doing a credit check.
    You then should be paying a lower monthly repayment
    They then paid the PPI premiums that I had paid to date plus 8% interest directly into my bank account.

Hope this helps
  • jju5t
    jju5t Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    thanks a lot spoke to HSBC local branch and they will write to me with the details i was sure to point out i wanted it to follow the same terms and interest rates as the original loan too thanks COT1198!

Thanks to RUSST2000 too all very helpful advice
  • russt2000
    Options
    thats great, just make sure your happy with the terms ,well done .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure