PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th September 2009

Options

Comments

• Quillion
    Quillion Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Options
    Mudbath wrote: »
    List complete for today!!!!!

Quick questions - my next door neighbour bought a new tv today. She bought it instore at tesco but I found it online for £50 cheaper at Amazon. Can she take a tv back that's not been out of the box? I've not told her yet because I don't want to let her know if she can't return it!!

Yes she should be able to.
    :beer: Officially Debt Free Nov 2012 :beer:
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening

LL - massive hugs sweetie, I had hoped that the news would be better. Keeping every thing crossed that your oncologist can come up with a great plan. How is your pain relief working?

Mudders
    - I took a microwave back and they were fine, just opened it all up to check it was intact

Time to get the washing in and get DS3 into bed, I'm very premenstrual this afternoon and have had enough of him today.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • soappie
    soappie Posts: 6,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening everyone

Orkney - sending get well vibes to your Mum
    LL - sorry to read about your scan results- I hope something can be done.

and get well vibes to everyone else who needs them.
    Soappie - good luck with your speech

Thank you Dusty. The speech went well in that I delivered and got my points across. Made no bl*dy difference though. Still, when we have the first accident I shall be able to say "told you so!" I also had to sit there for 2 hours before they even got round to debating the item I spoke on. But hey ho...

Brilliant news this evening, seems the mortgage people have accepted the roof report that DS and DiL had to get and aren't going to enforce works or retentions so they are hoping to exchange within the next week so thank you for all your vibes. We just need vibes that completion day can be organised quite quickly!
    I am the leading lady in the movie of my life
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the return policy advice everyone.

Soappie - brilliant about the mortgage and glad the speech went well.

Flying - cleared up dog sick! xx
  • skintscotslass
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

Just doing the dailies today.

Dishes mostly done
    On line banking
    Er...thats it

Will do the ironing while watching the footie. Come on Scotland!!! (and England and Wales and RoI!!). Not N Ireland...sorry Norn Iron flyladies, but your result may impact on Scotland's ability to qualify for the play-offs :p

And I will tidy the coffee table :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thursdays list is up.. :D

Children decluttered to bed
    DW unloaded ready to refill
    Uniforms ready for tomorrow.. I love the first week back I am just so organised! lol.. Shame it never lasts!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh Kazwookie,I was going to ask for the exact copies,never mind you get first dibs, lol,But if there are any more around I too will pay postage for them Thanks everyone.
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • gsysezz
    gsysezz Posts: 557 Forumite
    Options
    ALL DONE - THAT'S ALL LISTS COMPLETED SO FAR THIS WEEK.

I've never managed more than two in a week and never got one for my bedroom. I've scrubbed the mouldy walls and floor. I've removed bags full of junk / stuff for charity shop. Have two huge bags of good stuff (mostly Fat Face clothes) to Ebay. I must start that this weekend as I've plenty of ideas on how to spend the proceeds ;-)

I must keep an eye out for a new bed as EX stood on mine to hang some curtains and snapped the strats. I have fixed it for now but man out new bed in I think. Also need a bigger wardrobe. Will get into the habit of visiting the auction room to see whats around.

I've even booked the chimney sweep!!!!

Tomorrow I need to remove another carload of recycling, charity stuff. No sooner do I empty the hall do I fill it with more stuff to go. It is so addictive. Must take a peek at what tomorrow's list is. Thank you Pigpen...
    Toxic & Tired - Starting 2010 afresh :beer:
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mummyyof5 wrote: »
    Oh Kazwookie,I was going to ask for the exact copies,never mind you get first dibs, lol,But if there are any more around I too will pay postage for them Thanks everyone.

I collected them all last year, but seems I have missed the start of this one (grrrrr)

If I get any spare ones, I'll pm you.

xxx
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening everyone. Managed to get everything sorted for the bathroom this morning. So the work on that starts the end of the month. Went to see mum and took her out. Had to take her back as she said it was cold. Later went and did my vol work at the hospital. Found out one of the clients from where I used to work was in so went and saw him.

Off now to do a HHI.

Lady L. Sorry to hear your news. Big hugs.
    Soappie Glad your speech went well. Thats good news for Ds and DIL.
    Hugs for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport