We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Do I need to do anything?

A few weeks ago I sent off my old mans details so I can be assessed for the maintenance grant. I havent heard anything yet but it hasnt been 8 weeks which is the guideline time. But I just went and checked direct gov site and logged in and it still says support an application, as I sent off my old mans details through post should this change? Or should I just wait, or should I ring them up to check everything is ok?

Thanks In Advance

Comments

  • MrsManda
    MrsManda Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    The 'Support an Application' section at the bottom of your account is not to do with your application but for if you need to support someone else's application.
    Did you send the evidence recorded delivery? Has it been signed for?

    The 'Support an application section will stay at the bottom of your account regardless of your own assessment.
  • No I just sent it first class, I havent really been to worried and am still not but it would be nice to have the assurance that I should get it near enough when I start
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    There are currenly delays of around 8-10 weeks.

    Unfortuantley best thing you can do is be patient. And pray.
  • Thats fair enough then, be nice to have all the student finance stuff done...Am I right in saying that once they get back to me I dont have to worry about it for a year do I?
  • MrsManda
    MrsManda Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    Monty_9 wrote: »
    Thats fair enough then, be nice to have all the student finance stuff done...Am I right in saying that once they get back to me I dont have to worry about it for a year do I?

    Once you get your notification of payment you don't have to do anything until ~February when the applications for student finance will open for 10/11
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.