Husband redundant company in administration

Options
my husband was made redundant yesterday due to the company being in administration.

He was given no notice, just called into the office and told.

Today he received a letter from the administrators saying the company is not longer in a financial position to pay him.

Also have been given a for RP1 to claim holiday pay outstanding, but is he entitled to claim for not been given notice?

any other advice would be much appreciated

Best wishes
Toughest form of moutain climbing is climbing out of a rut
I WILL be debt free!
I WILL be happy!
red pen member 4

Comments

• Fizog
    Fizog Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    A so sorry...maybe this will help http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/RedundancyAndLeavingYourJob
    My son was in the same position in May owed 5 weeks money. There is a government scheme where you will be paid monies owing but my son is still waiting....his firm owed an awful lot of money. Good luck.
  • BlueIsTheColour
    Options
    You can claim owed wages up to 8 weeks, outstanding holiday pay to max of 6 weeks, redundancy payments if entitled and statutory notice payments, which is a week for each year of service up to a max of 12 weeks. These payments are currently capped at £350 per week, so if your husband earned over this, he will only get £350, if he earned less he will get whatever his weekly wage was.

Get the RP1 filled in and sent off straightaway, they are obviously very busy right now so will take a few weeks
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    my husband was made redundant yesterday due to the company being in administration.

He was given no notice, just called into the office and told.

Today he received a letter from the administrators saying the company is not longer in a financial position to pay him.

Also have been given a for RP1 to claim holiday pay outstanding, but is he entitled to claim for not been given notice?

any other advice would be much appreciated

Best wishes

Hi there

So sorry to hear of this, I bet your devastated?

This also happened to my hubby last Christmas when the steelplant where he worked for many years also closed down without them having any notice, this was just a few days before Christmas, so like your hubby with no money, redundancy or anything.

However, your hubby will and should eventually receive what is owed to him, well almost everything, through the Redundancies office, can't remember that they are called now maybe RO something like that, and it may be so much at a time.

However, it may be the same for your hubby and his colleagues as well, where they can all try to claim for instant or unfair dismissal, usually the union should deal with this and fight for this.

About 400 of whom was left at the steel works were thrown onto the scrap heap, just a few months before that they made proper redundancies as well.
    I would also suggest that your hubby to contact the jobcentre to make a claim for Job seekers, I imagine he will be actively seeking for new employment again?
    So if this is the case your hubby can make a claim for Job seekers allowance.

You can do this online here:
    https://www.dwpe-services.direct.gov.uk/portal/page/portal/jsaol/lp
    They normally contact you within a few days to go over everything then give an appointment to go to the job centre.

Take it from there.

I wish you and your hubby all the luck in the world, and again sorry to hear about this, and hope your hubby is lucky with someone very soon.

Good luck.;)

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills