We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OU course grant?

Hi,

I got a course grant for my first course which started in February, I know you can get one a year, but does that go from September or when you got your first grant? Am just wondering whether I will get a course grant for the course that starts this week or whether I will get it for the one starting in Feb :confused:

Comments

  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    When you say you got a grant, is this to pay your fees, are you on benefit and got a form from the Ou signed by your Dhss office.
    If that is the case i think you should have had a letter from the Ou to say it is worth £x amount, probably about 60pts worth of courses to do in the next 12mths. The starting point for the year should be when you first start no matter what date.
    All the information should be on the Ou website.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

    Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • flower24
    flower24 Posts: 1,719 Forumite
    Sorry, my fees are paid but you can get a course grant to buy anything you may need for the course, once a year. I've managed to speak to a couple of people doing OU courses and apparently the years run from September so I will get the grant for this course. Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.