We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Data Protection License
Ashok_2
Posts: 807 Forumite
Hi -
Where can I purchase one of these online? For a reasonable price
Also.. I have three different sites, do I need a seperate license for each site or just one?
Thanks,
Ash
Where can I purchase one of these online? For a reasonable price
Thanks,
Ash
0
Comments
-
Try the Information Commissioner's website - this is the ONLY legal requirement.0
-
Ashok wrote:Hi -
Where can I purchase one of these online? For a reasonable price
Also.. I have three different sites, do I need a seperate license for each site or just one?
Thanks,
Ash
Why do you think you need one?Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac
0 -
Debt_Free_Chick wrote:Why do you think you need one?
Because I have 8500 users registered and have all of their names, emails and addresses.0 -
Ashok wrote:Because I have 8500 users registered and have all of their names, emails and addresses.
Ah ... then, yes, I think you probably do need to register as a Data Controller
Firstly, you might find this factsheet about collecting information via a website useful.
And this should have all you need to know about notification. For the Data Protection Act, you don't buy a license - you "notify" the Information Commission that you are a data controller.
When you're ready, you need to follow this process
HTHWarning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards