We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Has anyone had difficulty signing into Student finance?
methekidsandthecat
Posts: 678 Forumite
Hi
My son has registered on the Student finance England web site and I have recieved a ALIAS no for him but cannot log in my self to enter my financial details to enable application for maintenance grants etc. It always states that the ALIAS no is incorrect or the date of birth is wrong (its not wrong). I cannot find any emails for a customer number for me although it states that I should have one!!!
It also gives no details as to where we need to send the birth certificate as confirmation for his ID.
I am very puzzled and frustrated - I have to wait now and try and contact them before I go into work. I just wondered if anyone else had similar difficulties and how they resolved them?
Me
My son has registered on the Student finance England web site and I have recieved a ALIAS no for him but cannot log in my self to enter my financial details to enable application for maintenance grants etc. It always states that the ALIAS no is incorrect or the date of birth is wrong (its not wrong). I cannot find any emails for a customer number for me although it states that I should have one!!!
It also gives no details as to where we need to send the birth certificate as confirmation for his ID.
I am very puzzled and frustrated - I have to wait now and try and contact them before I go into work. I just wondered if anyone else had similar difficulties and how they resolved them?
Me
November NSD 1/10
Weight loss - 7lbs from the 41 I need to loose = 34 to go
0
Comments
-
Have you signed up yourself?
You have to signup as "Supporting an Application"0 -
Yep, you need to sign up for your own account to support an application

I had great trouble signing into Student Finance for months, until I realised I had been missing a digit from my CRN. Well done me :T
Make £2020 in 2020 - £263.78/£2020
2020 totals
Swagbucks - £100 | Prolific Academic - £44.54 | Qmee - £10 | PopulusLive - £50
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards