We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Student Finances/Mature Student

I am returning to University this September to complete a 1 year top up degree as a mature student.

I have recently been advised by studentfinanceni that it is very unlikely that i will receive full funding due to previous help.

I have already secured a job when i return to University and I i will also be working for the University which halfs my rent.

However i will have loan payments to make on a monthly basis.

I have worked out the majority of my finances, but i am blind as to what I may or may not be offered form student finance.

I am afraid now that I may have to start the course not knowing this figure and will have to withdraw for financial reasons.

Is there a minimum amount that student finance will have to offer or is it all based on individual circumstances?

Also other than my bank and applying for the access learning fund through University, is there any other options i have to try and get financial support?

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.