We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Student Loans Company?
shelley_crow
Posts: 1,644 Forumite
Hi, has anyone got any other phone number for the Student Loans Company? I have been ringing 0845 300 50 90 all day and haven't been able to get through to speak to anyone.
I'm going into my third year (last year) of my degree and have just received my payment schedule but I haven't been given Parents Learning Allowance for the coming academic year, although my circumstances haven't chaged.
I'm starting to panic and can't get through to speak to anyone.
Thanks
I'm going into my third year (last year) of my degree and have just received my payment schedule but I haven't been given Parents Learning Allowance for the coming academic year, although my circumstances haven't chaged.
I'm starting to panic and can't get through to speak to anyone.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Have you sent updated evidence of your tax credits if you're a lone parent? This would be needed normally to award PLA.0
-
op if you keep redialing you will get through. i have called twice this week and got through within 10 mins of redialing
Taiko, not really true re PLA, i will be entitled to PLA and do not claim tc. i have quite a complex situ where ex pays mortgage as he cant afford to live in house nad pay maintenance and we cant sell due to negative equity. so i have no mortgage to pay atm. i manage on my wage without tc so do not claim- i had a massive over payment in 2004 and swore i would never claim again - and i havent0 -
I have always requested the TCAN from a student, as it is usually the best form of evidence that they are living alone and have care for a child. 99% of students claim.
In other circumstances, it becomes tricky to assess. Full time students wouldn't pay council tax, so it wouldn't show the 25% reduction for single occupancy. A lot do not appear to have updated child benefit letters.
Evidence would be required each year under the LEA/SFE guidance, and the TCAN tends to work best.0 -
ah see, i am just going into my 1st year so my council tax bill does show 25% reduction for single adult occupancy at this moment in time. I did have to send my child benefit entitlement letters off... my youngests entitlement has only been sent off recently adn the cb office attached a letter saying i got cb for my eldest child as well. I was never asked for any tc info just proof of cb...0
-
Try 0141 243 39290
-
I've been having the same problem. They used to put you on hold while you waited for someone to become available, but now you don't even get that courtesy.0
-
shopaholicleo wrote: »Try 0141 243 3929
Thanks so much for this number, I got straight through, unlike the 0845 number I've been trying to get through for hours on :beer:
Turns out that apparantly the local authority haven't assessed for PLA yet so I've been told to get onto them tomorrow, even though they have the evidence they asked for
Thanks again all0 -
I'l try that number tomorrow, all I got this week and tonight was navigating through the menu at 2 mins a time only for them to say they are all busy and then cut me off. Then from about 7:30pm just get told all agents are engaged and to visit the website or call later then cut me off. It's maddening.
I submitted my application on 8.6.09 and supporting partner info on 9.06.09 that was over 12 WEEKS ago and it is still "awaiting assessment" I haven't heard a peep!
Due to my circumstances (last year of the course, need to pay back £1716 and they apply some complicated algorhythm to my full time wages so our household income ends up at bout £20k?) I'm not sure how much I get this year. Even when the notification does come through, it may have to be amended as my OH earned less in 08/09 than in 07/08 due to 3 months redundancy (hence the £1716 overpayment they now want back) and subsequent new lower paid job.
12 weeks and still nothing? I don't even have to send in evidence this year, I thought continuing assessments would be much faster.:kisses2: Got married September 2011:smileyhea
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards