We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

By getting a grant do I effect how muxh money we get?

I'm a student and I'm getting EWL (I think it's called) I haven't got a job and I live with one other person who is currently unemployed. By getting this grant will I effect her income?

Comments

  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    edited 2 September 2009 at 6:46PM
    I'm a student and I'm getting EWL (I think it's called) I haven't got a job and I live with one other person who is currently unemployed. By getting this grant will I effect her income?

    I've never heard of EWL; could you check what it is or give more information? Do you mean ALG?

    If the person you live with is on means tested benefits then any income you have will be used to assess these.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.