We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
HELP!!! ILEX funding???
elfieb
Posts: 530 Forumite
Enrolled in college yesterday to study ILEX Profesional Diploma in Law and Practice.
Having read the welcome pack, it seems during my first week, I am expected to shell out lots of money..... registration to ILEX (£90), ILEX manuals (£35 a pop), and exam fees (£72)!!!! On top of my travel to and from college, I have no money spare!!!
I recieved a fee waiver as I am currently in receipt of ESA.
Am I entitled to any other financial assistance??
I have tried to speak to somebody at college, but the phone is just ringing out. I plan to take a trip down to college tomorrow, so I can hopefully speak to someone, but it would be useful to know if there is any finance available?
Having read the welcome pack, it seems during my first week, I am expected to shell out lots of money..... registration to ILEX (£90), ILEX manuals (£35 a pop), and exam fees (£72)!!!! On top of my travel to and from college, I have no money spare!!!
I recieved a fee waiver as I am currently in receipt of ESA.
Am I entitled to any other financial assistance??
I have tried to speak to somebody at college, but the phone is just ringing out. I plan to take a trip down to college tomorrow, so I can hopefully speak to someone, but it would be useful to know if there is any finance available?
I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
Mae West
0
Comments
-
Just giving a quick bump before it drops off the page
I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.Mae West
0 -
Enrolled in college yesterday to study ILEX Profesional Diploma in Law and Practice.
Having read the welcome pack, it seems during my first week, I am expected to shell out lots of money..... registration to ILEX (£90), ILEX manuals (£35 a pop), and exam fees (£72)!!!! On top of my travel to and from college, I have no money spare!!!
I recieved a fee waiver as I am currently in receipt of ESA.
Am I entitled to any other financial assistance??
I have tried to speak to somebody at college, but the phone is just ringing out. I plan to take a trip down to college tomorrow, so I can hopefully speak to someone, but it would be useful to know if there is any finance available?
You could ask the college Student Services whether there's any extra help available but, as you're already not paying any fees I would rather doubt it. The items you mention are things that the college would actually have to pay out if you didn't.0 -
I started the ILEX Level 3 course two weeks ago and I am apparently not eligible for financial support because it is a professional qualification rather than A Level, GCSE and not eligible for student loan either! How helpful is our benevolent government(!)
I have to pay £950 for the actual course, £85 for ILEX registration, £67.95 for manuals and then the exam fees which we haven't been told about yet. I think there should be some sort of financial assistance available as you don't even get the tutorial fees waived if 19 or under, as you usually would at my college.Debt as of 02/02/2012
Mortgage | [STRIKE]£2000 Loan[/STRIKE] | [STRIKE]Electric Bill[/STRIKE] | [STRIKE]Overdraft[/STRIKE] | Practically debt free! (Excluding mortgage)
Savings as of 02/02/2012
General Savings - £3300 (So grateful I had some - just had to pay emergency vet bills) | Christmas 2012 Savings - £200 -
I did the ILEX Professional Diploma in Law Level 3, started when I was about 2 months pregnant and had to pay the tuiton fees myself which at £440 I didnt think was too bad. then like you was shocked that I had to pay other fees which no one told me about - the £90 ILEX membership fee (which they take your bank details and take it without warning by the way, usually in january), the manuals plus P&P and I had to pay £120 for the case studies, I know that they have changed the syllabus now but check if you need to pay this too). then in the second year I had to pay the £90 membership fee again, and a whopping £100 to sit the final exam!
Some of the other students let me photocopy their manuals so I was lucky enough to get those for free the first year but had to buy them the second year.
ILEX are next to useless aswell when it comes to sending out certificates, I am still waiting for my january certificates! and they always give you the wrong information about where your exams are too, trust the college not ILEX on that one!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards