🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

can my employer sack me?

Options
2»

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    But?

BUT if they were negligent, they may be liable to compensate for loss of wages.

Compensation and payment of wages are completely separate things. Wages are paid by the employer, any compensation is likely to be paid by an insurer, and may take a long time (in some cases, years) to resolve.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    I can, including many multinationals.

The NHS only pay the usual OSP entitlement, for any time taken over that amount the employee will receive SSP (or equivalent) only.

same in RM,however the sick time doesnt count towards any disciplinery through the totting up of sick days.
  • twilite1
    Options
    hi thanks all. well the reason im saying it was their fault, is because the stairs that i fell on, have got no hand rails, and after it had happened, the one md said, "" he was only looking at the stairs the other day, and thought they need to do something about them cuz they are dangerous""
    As for the HSE, they have reported it, i am waiting 4 a call from hse, so i can get a full report off them. and yes it`s in the acciedent book
    cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family