Wembley Arena Parking

Options
13»

Comments

• chrisvaldez
    Options
    I've always used someone's driveway or parking space...with their permission of course! Last time I paid a fiver for an underground parking space at someone's flat and they stayed up til after the event to buzz me in and let me collect the car! Gumtree is normally quite good for people letting out their driveways/spaces.
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all

we are going to Wembley Arena (next Saturday - 09/10/10) and, having read through this thread have found a driveway near to where we want to go (via parkatmyhouse.co.uk).

My question is this; as we are coming from Portsmouth, would it make more sense to park near to the venue, or, somewhere a lot closer to us and train / underground it in (presumably Wembley City is to the north-west of London (at least by my interpretation of the tfl underground map anyway :D), so I would have to drive through / around to get to it (thereby involving more journey time / fuel)).

Any suggestions would be gratefully received for potential alternatives.

S_D

What time is the event and how many of you are travelling? A super off peak train ticket to Waterloo and tube/bus travel in London is just over £30p.p. If there are 3 or 4 of you travelling together you can get a groupsave ticket, where you pay for 2 and 3 or 4 can travel, so £20 each for 3 or £15 for 4.

Wembley Park station is a few minutes walk from the arena and is on the Jubilee line from Waterloo. It will be a bit of a rush after the event if it is an evening one, the last train back to Portsmouth is at 23:45
  • stinky_daddy
    Options
    I've always used someone's driveway or parking space...with their permission of course! Last time I paid a fiver for an underground parking space at someone's flat and they stayed up til after the event to buzz me in and let me collect the car! Gumtree is normally quite good for people letting out their driveways/spaces.

I will have a lok at Gumtree later today in that case
    pompeyrich wrote: »
    What time is the event and how many of you are travelling? A super off peak train ticket to Waterloo and tube/bus travel in London is just over £30p.p. If there are 3 or 4 of you travelling together you can get a groupsave ticket, where you pay for 2 and 3 or 4 can travel, so £20 each for 3 or £15 for 4.

Wembley Park station is a few minutes walk from the arena and is on the Jubilee line from Waterloo. It will be a bit of a rush after the event if it is an evening one, the last train back to Portsmouth is at 23:45

We are attending a matinee performance (3pm to about 5.30 I would imagine), so the return time would not be an issue

I was hoping someone who may have been before (Arena or Stadium) could advise whether it would make more sense (journey time & cost) to drive and park near it (presumably we would have to drive through / around London to get to it), or, park somewhere else and tube it (Jubilee line).

We would be coming from Portsmouth for clarification.

TIA

S_D
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    ...and then it hits me
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Jesus loves you...A nice thing to hear in church, but a horrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure