Getting house valued for iva

Options
Hi every one myself and my partner are currantly with the CCCS setting up a IVA.

We have been asked to get a valuation done by a local estate agent who is coming this week as they need written proof

my question is how do i get a written valuation with out the estate agent clicking on to the fact im not going to sell as they will be thinking i am

i cant tell them its for a IVA.

we both know we are in negative equity so the creditors will not ask us to release any equity as there is none

can any one help and give me some thing to say to the estate agent please

Comments

• churchrat
    churchrat Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    how about telling them you need a realistic valuation (ie a quick sell ) because you or your oh has applied for a job in another part of the country? no need to go into any detail.
    I think that estate agents are well used to people just getting a valuation and not moving, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

good luck with it all
    LBM-2003ish
    Owed £61k and £60ish mortgage
    2010 owe £00.00 and £20K mortgage:D
    2011 £9000 mortgage
  • popples_2
    Options
    well looks like there are a lot of people in the same boat as us as the estate agents are not daft they wont give written valuations any more unless you pay for them and if i had money i wouldnt be doing a IVA would i so no valuation for me ,,,,WHAT NOW ..
  • gardenerswife
    Options
    We needed a written quotation when we applied for an IVA - I just told the estate agent I needed a quick sale. I said I was moving into rented whilst I made decisions about what to do and within two days I had a letter from them with written quote and of course all that they could do as estate agents - and all for free.
  • laurasbump
    Options
    I was quite candid with the estate agent.
    I said that I needed to sell quickly due to a 'forced sale'. I asked the estate agent for a 'realistic valuation' that would allow me to sell within 6 weeks. As a result I got a low valuation on paper, which actually puts us into negative equity but as we have no chance of getting a mortgage for the next 6 years, I'm not too worried.
    All you can do is ask. The worse the estate agent can say is no. In which case just try another.

Laura
    Mummy to DS May 08 and DD Oct 09
    Started joint IVA in Nov 09 - 13 payments down 47 to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure