Forget Expensive Handcreams & Moisturisers

Options
2»

Comments

• purplebutterfly
    Options
    This advice is wrong on so many levels that I don't even know where to begin.

Putting synthetic silicates on your skin is NOT going to moisturise. Yes, it will act as a humectant - and create a barrier to prevent moisture from leaving the skin but it will not add any moisture to the skin whatsoever.

It is almost as bad as some advice I saw to use vaseline around your eyes to get rid of bags under them :eek: Vaseline should ONLY be used as a barrier eg when applying hair dye - it is a dreadful substance for your skin - I am at a total loss why so many people use it as a lip balm :confused: It is another humectant and NOT a moisturiser.

If you want to try a moisturiser on your hands and body that is safe, natural and effective, then use plain old olive oil.

Steer as far away from synthetic products as possible (especially if you have ANY skin sensitivities whatsoever) - both Boots and Superdrug now sell reasonable quality natural ranges at a low price.

By all means use hair conditioner to shave your legs with - but please understand that using it as a moisturiser is as effective as wrapping yourself in clingfilm!
    Living with Lupus is like juggling with butterflies
  • alyssa_liss
    Options
    dont use conditioner its not good on your skin

in hairdressers shampoo and condiotiner and water not washed/dryied properly can cause dermititus
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure