Stars Are Tree Huggers? - My Back-Side!

Options
Now I like the idea of all this green buisness, but what really annoys me is all these so called stars shoving a right load old garbage down our throats and doing the total opposite or being unrealistic!

Jamie Oliver & Hugh Witt Whatever = buy orgnic, buy local garbage. Ok it's a good idea but how many people can really afford to buy meat, vedg n fruit as stupid prices? It's ok them gettin on the tv n sayin all this as they can afford to eat like this, the average person cant and the poorest never. What u wanna be sortin out is why loads fields empty or unused when produce could come from them and is this revert back to english produce a liscence for farmerw etc to print money again... Lets have it all and cheap i say.

next...

I'm sick of hearing this Bonio, Madonna, Chris Martin etc rambling on about eco this and carbon emissions etc.. I agree we should be doin stuff, but hey so shud u, like tellin me stay in, cut this n that to save the planet when Bonio was on about his new stage taking up something like 200 lorries and then takin it all around the world. Getta life celebs you use and have used more of the planet up than i ever will in a zillion lifetimes, so if i wanna jet off abroad i willi say to them stay at home if u cant practice what u preach.

enjoyed that...........
SIMPLES!

Comments

• kizdeb
    kizdeb Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Couldn't agree more "stars" are the most hypocritical people on planet.
    If the world didn't suck we would all fall off ;)
  • Lost2
    Lost2 Posts: 15,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice Post sinw :D
    Now where do I start with Bone head O sorry I mean Dog Bone erm Bono

He is for ever going to the Irish Government and telling them that they need to help other country's and to send them money, yet the same guy has all he's money in off shore accounts that he does not pay tax on :mad:
    and he wears those stupid glasses which where made by some poor kid in the third world and being paid a dollar a year :mad:

GET YOUR OWN HOME IN ORDER FIRST BONE HEAD BEFORE YOU TELL OTHERS HOW TO SORT THERES YOU PR*** :mad::mad::mad:

MR I WANT AN HONORARY KNIGHT HOOD BECAUSE BOB GELDOF HAS ONE :(
    Sealed Pot Number 018 🎄2009..£950.50 🎄2010..£256 🎄 2011..£526 🎄2012..£548.80 🎄2013...£758.88🎄2014...£510 🎄2015...£604.78 🎄2016...£704.50 🎄2017...£475 🎄2018...£1979.12 🎄2019...£408.88🎄2020...£1200.63...🎄2021…£588 🎄2022 £672… 🎄2023 £3,783.90 🎄2024…£
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lost2 how could you question Bono's affinity with the Netherlands, he has classified himself as a resident there for no other reason than he loves the country. It has nothing to do with their very very very low taxes for members of the Entertainment profession...
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 31 August 2009 at 10:39AM
    Options
    There's a joke about Bono (thanks to YouTuber RandomDCE for mentioning this): Bono's on stage at a gig addressing the audience, he starts clapping his hands and says: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."
    Someone in the audience yelled back: "So stop f****** clapping then."

Also, a few of the most well-known environmentalists are also the biggest energy wastrels.

I'd love to take a train to get to see my in-laws, but guess what enviro-hippies? It takes up to 5 days each way to get from here to where they live by train, time that comes out of my holiday entitlement, and we don't get that much holiday entitlement compared to most of the other countries in the EU. This is why I fly: to maximise my time spent there, especially since Mrs MbW is out there and this is the only time we get to be together.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 31 August 2009 at 10:59AM
    Options
    It's the same with Jamie Oliver. He campaigned against the expansion of Stansted Airport, mainly because his parent's pub is near the flight path. Then somebody listed the numerous flights he had taken in a year, not only from Stansted but form other UK airports. Things went a bit quiet after that!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • vyle
    vyle Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yknow what would really help us to buy locally sourced produce?

If british farmers got the same "fair trade" guilt trip that other countries get. I've got a lot of friends who are involved in agriculture and the way they get treated by supermarkets is awful.
  • Lost2
    Lost2 Posts: 15,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    vyle wrote: »
    Yknow what would really help us to buy locally sourced produce?

If british farmers got the same "fair trade" guilt trip that other countries get. I've got a lot of friends who are involved in agriculture and the way they get treated by supermarkets is awful.

I did read about how they can refuse a whole waggon load of veg just because it is misshapen, I personally am not bothered what my veg looks like so long as it tasted good and is fresh.One minute they are telling us that in a few years that there will not be enough food to feed everybody then there throwing perfectly good food away.
    Sealed Pot Number 018 🎄2009..£950.50 🎄2010..£256 🎄 2011..£526 🎄2012..£548.80 🎄2013...£758.88🎄2014...£510 🎄2015...£604.78 🎄2016...£704.50 🎄2017...£475 🎄2018...£1979.12 🎄2019...£408.88🎄2020...£1200.63...🎄2021…£588 🎄2022 £672… 🎄2023 £3,783.90 🎄2024…£
  • frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    'Good' stuff is expensive, I'll grant you.
    I can't get too worried about whether celebs are hypocrites. It doesn't make what they say less valid.

As an example... pork is not an essential foodstuff. I choose to pay more, support UK farmers, and deprive overseas farmers with their shoddy welfare standards of my business.

I made my decision after watching Jamie's programme on pig farming, but I don't get het up if everyone else doesn't follow my example.
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • 98jdougl
    98jdougl Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    I have never seen local food dearer than supermarkets own brand- just nip to the market for it and it is mucky cheap (was cheaper the last place I stayed than here where I consider the market to be dear, but still cheaper than supermarket)
    just my tuppence.

the rest of it I agree with completely (not the stars themselves, what people here have said lol)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure