Advice please - Privilege Home Insurance

Options
Hi, has anyone got their home contents and building through Privilege? I am thinking of changing using them - got a reasonable quote and terms and conditions are good Would be interested to ehar of anyone that has had to make a claim and what that experience was like - did you get decent support etc.. Thanks :D

Comments

• CaveCash
    Options
    This company is basically Direct Line, who like all insurers have their ups and downs. So it would be difficult to say if they are reasonable to match up to your own expectations. At the end of the day if their policy terms match what you want as well as the price and you understand what you are and not covered for then just go for it
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As cavecash has said its a Direct Line brand, have a look at a quote on the Direct Line website as the cover is generally slightly better. They are also offering extras such as free European Travel Cover on some of their home policies.

Direct Line policies are pretty good cover, pretty good cover and UK call centres
  • Wutang_2
    Wutang_2 Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Options
    clairen wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone got their home contents and building through Privilege? I am thinking of changing using them - got a reasonable quote and terms and conditions are good Would be interested to ehar of anyone that has had to make a claim and what that experience was like - did you get decent support etc.. Thanks :D

I am with the Priv - and they have been smashing
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • studio_two
    studio_two Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wutang wrote: »
    I am with the Priv - and they have been smashing

I have been pleased with them too.

Unfortunately, my Contents insurance has gone up with a massive bump, so having to shop around this time.

It is on an "Automatic Renewal", so I need to get this stopped. Does anyone have any experience with Privilege in that respect? Are they easy to deal with or is it a major hassle?

Thanks,
    Stephen
  • *Scarlett
    *Scarlett Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Options
    This website lets you compare different features of policies if there are a couple that you are considering.

http://www.defaqto.com/insurance/home-insurance

Unfortunately I don't think it includes anything to do with claims handling or customer service. You could maybe google for that but bear in mind that generally people mostly post with complaints and don't bother if they are happy with a company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure