Sell Whole of Life Policy?

Hi, we have had a letter from AXA saying that in order to keep the £50,000 death benefit we will need to increase our premium from £20/mth to £47/mth. At present the policy is worth £4500. We are thinking of cashing it in - is this the sort of thing you can sell? I've heard of companies buying Endowment policies.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thank you. x

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    is this the sort of thing you can sell? I've heard of companies buying Endowment policies.

Its not an endomwent policy. Its a whole life assurance and there is no UK second hand market.

Most of these plans are obsolete and modern alterantives are better if you are still in good health.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mrsmch349
    Mrsmch349 Posts: 33 Forumite
    So, do you think it's worth cashing in and starting a different one? My husband is a Pilot in RAF so has good 'death in service' benefits.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So, do you think it's worth cashing in and starting a different one?

Cant say without knowing specifics and your financial needs. If you still need a whole of life assurance plan then modern alternatives are better. If you dont need one then there is no point paying into one.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mrsmch349
    Mrsmch349 Posts: 33 Forumite
    OK, I think that I'll cash it in and look for something else.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport