Anyone Understand BT Freestyle 3500

I've woken up this morning to find all 3 hand sets on my BT freestyle 3500 have blank displays and the loudspeaker button is glowing red.
Nothing changes this, even taking the batteries out and putting them back.
I've gone through the manual and can find nothing about this.
Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have you had a brief power cut maybe? If the battery on the main unit was not charged then maybe the memory has been wiped?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Norfolk_Jim
    Norfolk_Jim Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I dont think so, if there had been I would have noticed my aram clock going wrong as well. It flashes if theres been a power cut but thanks anyway.
  • sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Had a look at the manual by googling 'bt freestyle 3500' but could only see renewing batteries as a possible solution. I assume you have tried this.
  • Norfolk_Jim
    Norfolk_Jim Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for that. I had done the same thing with no joy and BT helpline no longer cover this model - so looks like I'll have to bin them.

All 3 hand sets are showing the same blank screen & solid red light so I think we can safely discount battery issues.

Thanks anyway forum.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Have you tried the obvious? Re-boot the base station. That worked for one of my old DECT systems (it appears it just got confused).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 August 2009 at 11:12AM
    I don't know anything about your phone either but a friend of mine dropped his Satnav and it was fixed by poking a wooden tooth pick (NOTE WOODEN) into a very small re-boot hole. Is there any such possibility on your home station?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure