dropshipping?

anyone made any money from it and give out some advice?

Comments

• Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Sugar_Coated_Owl Posts: 12,379 Forumite
    I think the best advice would be don't dropship. You're not suppose to sell items on eBay that you don't actually have in your posession and also there are numerous problems with dropshipping generally e.g. what if you have orders for an item and then you find out it's out of stock. What happens if the company just disappear-you're left with orders and no goods to post? e.t.c
    --><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.
  • mikecmr
    mikecmr Posts: 75 Forumite
    yeah true someone mentioned it in the pub 2day so was looking into it and most people say what you say
  • katchambers
    katchambers Posts: 1,129 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi mike,

I am afraid I have to disagree with razor, everyone has their own opinion and this is mine.

I currently use a company called 'the select' https://www.theselect.com
    I have been using them for several months now with success. I did a lot of research before opting for a dropshipper, and just glancing at the website you can tell straight away how professional they are. The whole process is easy, you can even put items on hold to make sure that an item is in stock when you need it, therefore razors point about stock is a non-issue with 'the select' because when you put an item up for auction you can just put it on hold thereby guaranteeing that the item will be available at the end of the auction. Also their stock list is live and therefore updated every few minutes.

I couldn't recommend them more highly, I have been selling their items on both ebay and amazon with success and for profit, although it has to be said that the higher profit has come from amazon so I would suggest you consider an amazon marketplace account.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about them. I haven't experienced any problems, every single item has been delivered timely and I have received perfect feedback from all the items they have dropshipped for me.

Kat x
    My darling boy born December 2011

• withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Hi mike,

I am afraid I have to disagree with razor, everyone has their own opinion and this is mine.

I have been using them for several months now with success. I did a lot of research before opting for a dropshipper, and just glancing at the website you can tell straight away how professional they are. The whole process is easy, you can even put items on hold to make sure that an item is in stock when you need it, therefore razors point about stock is a non-issue with 'the select' because when you put an item up for auction you can just put it on hold thereby guaranteeing that the item will be available at the end of the auction. Also their stock list is live and therefore updated every few minutes.

I couldn't recommend them more highly, I have been selling their items on both ebay and amazon with success and for profit, although it has to be said that the higher profit has come from amazon so I would suggest you consider an amazon marketplace account.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about them. I haven't experienced any problems, every single item has been delivered timely and I have received perfect feedback from all the items they have dropshipped for me.

Kat x

https://www.theselect.com just redirects to a price comparison website called buy24-7.net.

Is this a sneaky referral link???
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • Alfie_E
    Alfie_E Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    iainkirk wrote:
    https://www.theselect.com just redirects to a price comparison website called buy24-7.net.

Is this a sneaky referral link???
    How about https://www.theselect.co.uk?
    古池や蛙飛込む水の音
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi mike,

Kat x

Hi Kat,

Couple of questions, What happens regarding tax on the income from the profit you make doing Dropshipping? Do you have to register yourself self employed if you are making a big income from it?
  • Toon
    Toon Posts: 246 Forumite
    Ebay don't do anything if you are selling using the dropshipping method. Do you know how many people are selling this way on Ebay? What difference does it matter as long as the customer gets their goods?

If the worst case scenario happens and the company nicks off then chances are you'll only have one or two orders that need fulfilling so you apologise, refund and maybe get a couple of negs - then just move on and find a different supplier. Before you settle on a supplier make sure you check them out thoroughly using a feedback site such as The Dropship Forum.

The Select is a popular choice as is DevilWear but make sure you find references to them before signing up.

If you are making a big income then yes, you'll need to tell the taxman, just like if you make money doing anything.
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Kat mentioned you can put an item on hold, in Select.co.uk. How do you do this? I have the bronze membership and can see no option.
  • grex9101
    grex9101 Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    how do you make money when the prices for the likes of xbox360s and psps are the same as retail? surely people would just get them from normal shops instead?
    The word is BOUGHT, not BROUGHT.
    It's LOSE, NOT LOOSE.
    You ask for ADVICE not ADVISE.
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    grex9101 wrote:
    how do you make money when the prices for the likes of xbox360s and psps are the same as retail? surely people would just get them from normal shops instead?
    On more than one occasion I've seen items go on ebay for 30-40% more than you could get them for at amazon - and the buyers had to wait for the auction to end!

People can get quite silly when they are using ebay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure