income protection

just needed some desperate advice from people here if i may. i know its a bank holiday so apologies. basically, i would like to know if taking out income protection covers one in case one loses one job. when i mean 'loses one job', i do not necessarily mean through an accident or bad health but actually being made redundant. the latter is a possible scenario for me. i need to know whether income protection is suitable and whether the monthly payments would be indefinite. my understanding is that it does not cover being made redundant, only losing one's job through an accident or bad health. in which case is there anything else which is suitable. also would i need to prove to the insurance society that i was actually made redundant (through an official work letter for example)? i was looking at Nationwide's income protection as a possibilty. thanks all.
BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:

Comments

• lightspeed
    lightspeed Posts: 246 Forumite
    My understanding is that you need a seperate policy that specifically covers redundancy.

If you think that you would be made redundant in the very near future i would check the terms and conditions before taking out such a policy.
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    thanks. yes, my fear is i will be made redundant soon. i would appreciate other peoples' views also. thanks all.
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family