PLEASE - Sort out the times on the forums

The post times are about 2 hours out. On some forums, it matters a great deal how old the post is.

PLEASE sort it out !!

Example - I am posting this at approx 8.46pm
Check out my Ultimatcher4

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Up to you to sort it out! Go into your UserCP, then Settings and Options, go down to Date and Time and make sure you are set to Automatically Detect DST Settings.

My time of posting is 21.16 :)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    the_goon wrote: »
    The post times are about 2 hours out. On some forums, it matters a great deal how old the post is.

PLEASE sort it out !!

Example - I am posting this at approx 8.46pm

I see your post as 8.47 so the MSE time is correct.

Like Edinburghlass says you will need to make adjustments on your own PC.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • What browser are you using? For example Opera servers are based in Europe I think, so the times showing are European times. hth
  • needahol
    needahol Posts: 767 Forumite
    I have the same problem as the OP. My PC clock is correct and, when I view posts in MSE without logging in, the time corresponds. However, when I log in, the time showing on forum posts goes back by 2 hours, eg I see the OP's post as 6.47pm (PC clock remains correct)
    08 wins £3000+ :j09 wins £4408:j2010 (6 months off) £2004:j2011 £10,003 :j 2012 - £6013 :j2013 wins £8500 :j 2014 £5530 so far....
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    You need to go to 'user CP' and 'options' then scroll down to set your time zone option.
  • needahol
    needahol Posts: 767 Forumite
    torbrex wrote: »
    You need to go to 'user CP' and 'options' then scroll down to set your time zone option.

How stupid am I?? I was trying to change it on my laptop control panel - didn't realise the people who responded were talking about the user control panel on here :doh:

How embarassing! It's right now though!

Thanks
    08 wins £3000+ :j09 wins £4408:j2010 (6 months off) £2004:j2011 £10,003 :j 2012 - £6013 :j2013 wins £8500 :j 2014 £5530 so far....
  • the_goon
    the_goon Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks guys. This has been doing my nut in for ages.

:money::money:
    Check out my Ultimatcher4
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family