Robbie Williams tickets misold???

In November last year I joined the RW fanclub at a cost of £25 to get guaranteed premium fanclub tickets for Croke Park, Dublin.
I paid 180 euros for 2 tickets which the fanclub claim would be 'BEST FRONT SEATS' allocated only to fanclub members.
I've received my tickets this morning and they are for
Upper Tier, Cusack Stand, Block 704, Row D

I would not call this 'BEST FRONT SEATS' :mad:

I've called the order line and they say there's nothing I can do, but have given me an email address to send a complaint to.
Also in their 'Important Information' they say

Seat Location
We are unable to let you know your seat number at this stage, your
ticket however will tell you. You can rest assured that
Robbiewilliams.com has reserved the best seats available for Inner
Sanctum subscribers.

Do you think I'm right to kick off about this and are there any laws/regulations they have broken by not selling me 'BEST FRONT SEATS'?
Any help is very much appreciated!
Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam

Comments

• impy78
    impy78 Posts: 3,157 Forumite
    Have you checked them against the venue's online seating plan????
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • astep70uk
    astep70uk Posts: 338 Forumite
    Yep - they're right in the top tier which is usually the last tickets people ask for (apart from right at the back of the venue) as the view isn't too good.
    I expected them to be in blocks at the front of the venue - as described 'BEST FRONT SEATS'.
    We did pay extra to the fanclub to get these seats and feel that they have not sold us what they described!!
    What can I do??
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,181 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    How big is the venue? Maybe the fan club has tens of thousands of members all wanting tickets which means they can not all be in the front few rows (either that or you would need a very wide stage) .. maybe they have front rows on each of the different 'tiers' and they are assigned based on how long you have been a member (to stop people joining at the last minute in the hope of getting a better seat).

You will also have to compete against those tickets withheld by the promoters, the crew and Robbie Williams for their mates, business associates, competition winners, hospitality promotions etc. etc.

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • astep70uk
    astep70uk Posts: 338 Forumite
    Thanks Ivan. I do understand that but I'm hacked off as the fanclub offered 2 different ticket prices - we went for the ones which cost more as we understood we were guaranteed 'BEST FRONT SEATS' as stated on the order form. They have obviously sold us something which they could not offer.
  • IvanOpinion
    Would it help if I offered to sing selected tracks from his Escapology album :D

Ivan
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    Would it help if I offered to sing selected tracks from his Escapology album :D

Ivan

:rotfl:

yes please.

I too joined the 'inner sanctum' fan club to get ticket for Wembley.

Now Wembley isn't going to be ready and the location will be changed.

I still dont know where to - rumours are its milton keynes - we wont be able to go there as its standing only and my eldest daughter wouldn't be able to stand through a whole concert.

We've already booked hotel accomodation in London for 3 nights as we had booked a short break to go with the concert :rolleyes:

So Ivan, if you are free in Sept you could always come sing for my kids in London whilst they are being typical teenagers kicking their heels on a tour of London instead of seeing Robbie :D
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • IvanOpinion
    My contract lawyer has just been in touch and Robbie is complaining that I am ripping off his songs so for copyright reasons I have had to adjust some of his titles. My version of Escapology includes the following tracks

weird git
    grope
    phwoooaaaahhh
    wind
    I'm knackered
    who's available
    Power to the people
    Me
    Damn, my fly is broken
    Me and a trainee programmer
    Song 4
    Cold pavlova
    F*** off
    Granny's track

Hopefully you will find all your favourites there .. I also do a mean track that I call 'disco shock jock' and 'Angle (mis-spelling)'

Ivan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family