Alliance & leicester - ULTRA URGENTO!

Options
Yesterday opened a Premium Direct Current Account....

or at least i thought i did, got the emails back today and in them it says

"We are delighted to let you know that your application for an Alliance &
Leicester Premier Current Account
has been successful."

But i dont want the premier one, its crap with only 1.5% interest. I see no reason why A&L would offer that crappy account as it has the same requirements as the direct account.

Do they say this in all emails (if any1 has theirs saved still) or have their forms done a number on me? If they have ill probably have to wait two sodding months to change it to a Direct one, whilst the recommend a friend goes thro

Laters
GagD:beer:

PS: when A&L sent me the paper work thro and it is for a non-direct account then could i simply tick another box or something to say i want a direct?:confused:

Comments

• Sillychuckie
    Sillychuckie Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was it necessary to post twice?
    Anyway... I looked through my emails and can't find their original confirmation, so can't really help there.
    As for the documentation, NO, there isn't a checkbox to change the account you applied for, but, if you dont return the documentation, your account isn't opened.

Just wait and see what the documentation in the mail says and if its the wrong account, apply again online for the right one. Alternatively, give them a call or something.
    It wouldn't surprise me if the email was just an error or they send a generic one in response to all current account applications. The formal documentation you get in the post will clarify your position. Just wait and see...

p.s) I hope you have used quidco for £30 cashback.
  • jadex
    jadex Posts: 753 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My emails stated clearly: Direct.
    We are delighted to let you know that your application for an Alliance &
    Leicester Premier Direct Current Account has been successful.
  • gagglesdad
    gagglesdad Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys, both helpful.

After hearing that Jadex got Direct in his email i did what u said & reapplied online, but this time for the premier direct, used quidco also this time after u reminded me.

Will have to wait and see what happens, got the acknowledgement but ... ooh wait here i go...
    We are delighted to let you know that your application for an Alliance &
    Leicester Premier Direct Current Account has been successful.
    That feels better! now im just crossing my fingers that quidco give me the £30 sweetner!! does it come thro after u open the account n they get the forms back or after acknowledgement?
  • NEWLIFE_4
    NEWLIFE_4 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to but in here but have also just opened the same account online, well had the acceptance email. What is quidco? Am I too late to get the £30?

Thanks
    x
  • mad
    mad Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quidco descibes itself like this:

"Quidco is a radical new concept in online shopping. Merchants pay us referral fees for any sales generated through Quidco links. We then pass on 100% of these fees to you."

http://www.quidco.com/

If you have applied already it is too late as they get the money they give back to you for referring you, if you can follow me. It will be useful for the future though
  • kmhtkmhtkmht
    kmhtkmhtkmht Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    "Urgento"? Urgent would suffice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business