Park Resorts discount code?

Does any one know of a discount code? or really good special offer?
Have used them before and alot cheaper than Haven etc.
Thanks
JAN Grocery Challange £200
Spent £154.88

FEB Grocery Challange £175 21-1 to 20-2
Spent to date £49.13

Comments

• phague
    phague Posts: 762 Forumite
    Hello,

Have you found them OK?

We went last June to Carmethan Bay and it was one of the worst places we have ever stayed.

We booked thro Travelcare to earn Tesco Clubcard points, and received a £50 early booker discount (from the park resorts website), but there were cobwebs, ants, lumpy mattresses, faulty door lock, faulty shower etc.

We informed Reception, who said the whole site had an ant problem, including the staff !!!!

We found 100 ants underneath our baby change bag.

Never again.
  • We also stayed at Park Resorts Carmarthen Bay. It was the worst holiday park we have ever been to.

In addition to similar issues that phague had we also found broken glass and dog poo in the children's play area, and broken glass outside the "chalet" and around the area for parking the car.
  • Has anyone been to Carmarthen Bay this year?? Has it improved at all? I need to book accommodation for a long weekend in September for hubby, me, and two sons (aged 3 and 22 months) near to Pembrey motor circuit and have been seduced by the brochure (should get out more!). :confused:

Am having second thoughts having done a search on MSE and read some comments about the place. Am panicing as I need to book something up or dear hubby will have to go on his own!

TIA
    stayathomemum
    stayathomemum
  • Weeeelllll, we went there in May this year (last bank holiday), and found that for the journey (From Heathrow) it wasn't worth it at all.

I think that for teenagers its great, but with those with little kids its not.

Our problem was that we had a chalet right next to the road in the resort, but there were no signs about the 10 m.p.h speed limit. Everyone was doing about 30mph, and with a toddler, 4yr old and 9yr old this didn't sit too well with us. We had to constantly lock the 2 doors that led to outside, and of course this was with difficulty seeing as the older ones wanted to go in and out all the time. (Our 17month old could open the door if if was unlocked and as you know with a moments notice he could have been gone and run over! WE were next to a roundabout, that although you would think that it would slow people down it didn't and then we had the addition that the drivers would not see a child clearly from the roundabout)

Also there was a cupboard that had a fuse box (at knee level) in it with wires exposing, and an unjacketed boiler, which got hot! This door did't have the innards to it , so it didn't lock, let alone shut!! And we all know how toddlers and kids are for exploring. thankfully none of the kids were attracted to it, even though like I say it wouldn't sit flush, as it didn't shut.

We complained straight away to reception about being near the road, and as they were fully booked they couldn't move us elsewhere. We then complained about the door that wouldn't shut and they said that someone would be out to fix it. No one turned up, even though every day we complained. (It was a long weekend break)
    My man had a meeting with the GM there about all of the above, and all he could say was that he had ordered some road signs for the road, and that to write in with the complaint. We did, through head office. He then wrote back acknowledging the complaint and how it wasn't that bad, and that was it!!
    We're persuing it further (thanks you have reminded us!) and going to phone head office tomorrow about it. We do want compensation, as we were trapped and constantly on our toes with the place. We also have video camera evidence of it all.

In addition , it isn't clear how to find the place, and you have to go down a country road to get there. Some people do menacing speeds down there and it's really only fit for one car- it's quite narrow with the odd space that opens up to allow 2 cars through. Not good if you're not used to that sort of thing.

Also the play area isn't fully closed off. A great release for the kids, but with young ones like you have, you will be constantly on your toes as there are a number of open gaps, rather than gates that they can run out of. This is right next to the road again, where people do not drive that slow. even with the odd speed bump there.

The problem is I think, that quite a few Welsh (local) own the caravans (next to the park and further on down, so speed through the place), and feel familiar with all the roads etc. Also through this place is access to the beach, so it may not be known that the speed limit is low, and a few use it.

If I were you I would seriously wiegh up how long you would be there. If you are using the place to sleep in, then go for it. But if you want to be there in the day time, then it may be more trouble than it's worth!

good luck!
  • Thanks Lovly.cuppa.T for the detailed reply. It's made my mind up, as I would be there with the kids during the day whilst hubby is at Pembrey Motor Circuit. I'm not willing to be somewhere where I can't relax (a bit) and am constantly really concerned for their safety.
    I've started to search for alternatives now, and warned hubby that he might be on his own for the weekend!

Thanks again.
    sahm
    stayathomemum
  • No worries! I wouldn't want you to have to have a weekend of pulling your hair out all the time! There's no break in that at all!

We did phone head office today, and they said that our reply was unsatisfactory. OH has written another letter about it all and how the reply was not up to scratch. Need to wait for that reply now!

Hope you find somewhere nice, and that you enjoy your break.
  • Anyone been to California Cliffs Park Resort nr Gt Yarmouth. We got a Sun weekend there in Oct.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure