Replying to customers EBay Queries

The problem is a bit of a saga but to cut to the chase.

If I open a Paypal confirmation of payment in Outlook and use outlook reply to inform buyers of problems.

Is their the potential that my replies will be picked up as spam/bulk mail and deleted.

I am getting very cross mails from customers who have obviously not read my mail to them, either through their own poor efforts or just not getting the mail!!

Any ideas??

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,188 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There are intermittent problems with ebay mail of any sort being directed to junk mail folders. Hotmail can be a problem the first time but most users have worked out that they need to adjust their junk filters and so virtually all my mail to Hotmail users gets through, it's the same for Yahoo.

AOL is a continual problem, I think virtually none of my mail gets through and it seems that a lot of aol users aren't able to configure their junk mail to let ebay stuff in. For aol users I tend to not mention ebay or show any ebay number at all until way down in the body of the mail. Putting anything about ebay or paypal in the subject line gets the mail junked.

It is annoying though, I just had a buyer on ntlworld deny getting any of my mail that I have been sending, so I assume I need to add ntl to a list of isps that don't like ebay?

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes thats what I was figuring soo.

But does not help customer relations :'(
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,188 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

But does not help customer relations    :'(

No it doesn't help at all :(

I have an ongoing situation at the moment where a buyer has asked for a refund as an item she bought from me doesn't fit her (there is another thread about it on here). I responded within an hour of her original request with details on returns and suggesting some terms and things. Have now got two further e mails asking me for a response so it seems that suddenly my mail isn't reaching her.

I have sent responses via 'ask seller a question' and direct to her email address and from two different accounts of mine but she still hasn't acknowledged any of them.

I've just called up the contact details which is actually a different name to the person I am emailing..but it looks like I am going to have to make a call to the other end of the country to resolve this or risk a neg if she believes I am ignoring her.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • robowen
    robowen Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

But does not help customer relations    :'(

Maybe you could add something to the description on your sale item.

If you use turbolister, you could make a template for your sales, including a statement asking for buyers to adjust their mail settings accordingly.
    If only everything in life was as reliable...AS ME !!
    robowen 5/6/2005©

''Never take an idiot anywhere with you. You'll always find one when you get there.''
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker

Maybe you could add something to the description on your sale item.

If you use turbolister, you could make a template for your sales, including a statement asking for buyers to adjust their  mail settings accordingly.

I think this is a good idea, and will probably incorporate something in future listings.

I also think users of ebay need to think ahead and generally sort out their e-mail settings themselves.

Good communication usually sorts out most problems in life regardless of where or how it takes place.

Misundestandings and worse are very often the result of poor communications.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure