Recruitment Consultants! Aaargh!!!!!

Options
God these people should be systematically and routinely removed from our country and dumped somewhere in a airtight container with Jeremy Kyle on the tv, all channels + jeremy bloody kyle! or interspersed with reruns of big brother...

What a ridiculous waste of space they are, mind you, gives Graduates something to do I suppose...
I Am What I Am And What I Am Needs No Excuses:D

Comments

• sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    Lol, I'd say your a waste of space for even posting this, Its people doing a job, Some are helpful, Some are not. What a ridiculous waste of bandwidth this post is, haha at you.
  • secretspender_2
    Options
    I am a recruitment consultant

I hate my job, I hate the people I work with and I hate everything about the industry

(BTW, I am currently looking for a new job which I am sure you can imagine is quite difficult in the times as they are, but not only that, i am sure they look at my CV and say 'aarrrr thats the girl who hassles me on the phone 10times a week!)
    (So when I leave, someone more deserving can have my job!)
  • vicshippers
    Options
    I love my recruitment consultant - he helped me find a job that suits my skills perfectly, in an environment that I love and I get Ok pay. Without him I never would have found it.

Maybe you had one bad experience and are over-generalising extensively?
  • irish_eyes_r_smiling
    Options
    i've been a RC and also an administrator in a RC office for my sins a few years back.

i hated the admin position, the consultants were arrogant, rude and basically just !!!!!! really. Potential candidates would be treated with contemped, if you couldn't make them money then forget about hearing back of them.

they were not contructive in giving feedback to applicants after interview at all, the least they deserved IMO!!!

I know they arn't all the same ( well hope not anyway ) should have ran into a new career direction after that experience. My other two experiences were completly different though so guess it's just pot luck!!!!
    If your lucky enough to be irish, your lucky enough ;)
  • Potential_Advisor
    Options
    i've been a RC and also an administrator in a RC office for my sins a few years back.

i hated the admin position, the consultants were arrogant, rude and basically just !!!!!! really. Potential candidates would be treated with contemped, if you couldn't make them money then forget about hearing back of them.

they were not contructive in giving feedback to applicants after interview at all, the least they deserved IMO!!!

I know they arn't all the same ( well hope not anyway ) should have ran into a new career direction after that experience. My other two experiences were completly different though so guess it's just pot luck!!!!

Thank you Irish Eyes, I do actually appreciate they are not all the same but I seem to encounter quite a few who are! The job in actual fact, should attract someone with intelligence, creativity, warmth and understanding that life doesn't always go to plan, and thats why I had a bit of a rant about Graduates because invariably they are fresh out of University and haven't got a clue, tho God knows I could have gone on..:rotfl:

Anyway, I hope you are in a better place now? and those irish eyes really are sparkling! As for being lucky to be Irish, how true, though both my parents are born and bred Irish so I do have a bit in me..
  • Louise22
    Louise22 Posts: 1,855 Forumite
    Options
    I have dealt with lots and they have all been the same - useless. Waste of space. As I have mentioned before in previous posts, whenever I have applied directly to the company, I have had a 100% success rate at getting at least an interview (and lots of offers in the past) but its funny that when I have applied through agencies (reed being THE worst) I have had an 100% UNSUCCESSFUL rate.

As I say - useless waste of space, and from my experience, horrible people too.
  • Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a splendid job through a Reed recruitment consultant.

Thanks Dan. xxx
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    Lol, I'd say your a waste of space for even posting this, Its people doing a job, Some are helpful, Some are not. What a ridiculous waste of bandwidth this post is, haha at you.

Unfortunately the large majority are not !!. Personally I wish recruitment agencies didn't exist and these people found other jobs.
  • Potential_Advisor
    Options
    I am glad its not just me then.
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    Louise22 wrote: »
    I have dealt with lots and they have all been the same - useless. Waste of space. As I have mentioned before in previous posts, whenever I have applied directly to the company, I have had a 100% success rate at getting at least an interview (and lots of offers in the past) but its funny that when I have applied through agencies (reed being THE worst) I have had an 100% UNSUCCESSFUL rate.

As I say - useless waste of space, and from my experience, horrible people too.

And if I can add arrogant and incompetent also.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure