How do i make my complaint heard with De Vere Hotels as a wedding venue??

Options
I recently had my wedding reception at a De Vere Hotel and although it was lovely I had a few problems with costs, contracts, staff coming back to us re important info etc. At the end it gave me and my Father in Law such a headache and since then I have emailed and written to the complaints dept with no response at all! Has anyone had a similar problem or does anyone have any tips on how to be heard?

Thanks

Jo

Comments

• anotherbigspender
    Options
    I'd be inclined to make an appointment to see the wedding coordinator at the hotel you had your reception at. Give them a chance to explain themselves and perhaps offer something that would make it up to you. If you don't get anywhere with that then have a hunt on google to find the email address of the head honcho at De Vere (these things are always posted on consumer forums etc.) and email him / her. You won't get a reply from them but one of 'their team' will get back to you very promptly.
  • DeVere_2
    Options
    Good afternoon Josephine
    I was sorry to read your comments and apologise that you have not received a response to your complaint. I am the Operations Director at De Vere Hotels & Resorts and would really welcome the opportunity to discuss your complaint in detail. Please provide your contact details by reply email together with a convenient time for me to call and I will contact you directly. Kind Regards Mr B McCarthy
  • Mme.Hibou
    Mme.Hibou Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd be inclined not to give your personal details over to someone claiming to be chief operating officer, Brian McCarthy via a PM, especially given that he has only one post, but y'know it might be Brian - if it is: Brian I'll tell everyone how nice your hotels (usually) are and you can give me a freebie if you like.
    ,___,
    (oVo)
    /)vvv)
    /m m
  • josephine5
    josephine5 Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2009 at 4:08PM
    Options
    Dear Mr McCarthy

Thank you for coming back to me re this matter. After a month of chasing I finally received an email reply from the General Manager of the the Cambridge University Arms hotel re my complaints. I hasten to say this was after I had re-sent the email with attached letters and posted the letter several times. The reply I received did not address many of the points I raised so I sent back a reply on the 18th September which has been acknowledged but not responded too. I would be very happy to pass on the letters and corresspondence if you feel that you may help drive this process forward and I really do appreciate your reply to my post.

Thank you again

Joanna Bateman
  • ljbnotts
    Options
    I wouldn't post you email address in the forum! Just for safety reasons etc!
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Joanna if I were you I would delete your full name and your email address.

Just because they have said they are Mr McCarthy, it doesn't mean it is!
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • paulies_nixie
    Options
    Why is the operations director of devere's tootling round the wedding section on MSE.

Hotel chain in trouble?
    Just got engaged?
    "I know that Prince Charming doesn’t come save me, we save each other and fight back to back against all comers that’s what marriage is to me. Nothing passive, no being carried off on a white steed, give me my own damn horse and lets ride into the sunset side by side." - Laurell K. Hamilton.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Josephine - please remove your email address unless you want to receive spam and you will get lots of it.

I very much doubt that it is the general manager of DeVere Hotels posting here, more like someone out to cause trouble.

I would contact the wedding co-ordinator - make an appointment to see them and take copies of your correspondence with you. If she is unable to help then ask for a copy of DeVere's complaints procedure - they have to have one.
  • beks
    beks Posts: 1,098 Forumite
    Options
    Why is the operations director of devere's tootling round the wedding section on MSE.

Hotel chain in trouble?
    Just got engaged?

LOL!!!

Seriously though, OP you really need to remove your email address from this thread. Anyone can see it and use it and you will be bombarded with spam. I doubt very much that the post from DeVere is genuine since it is the first time 'he' has posted. I think someone was feeling bored and having a laugh at your expense (a little mean IMO).
  • josephine5
    josephine5 Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2009 at 4:08PM
    Options
    I have removed my address but the post is actually genuine, the chap does exist I believe as does the lady Rebekah Kirkup as I was told to contact her re the matter when I took my complaint further - Thank you for all the advice

Regards

Joanna
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family