ways to earn extra cash

Options
is there any way i can earn extra cash? bearing in mind im looking after my baby all day so need somethimng for a couple of hours a week that i can do with charlie.

i dont know how were going to make ends meet. my m/a stops at the end of may and i dont return to work until december.

tax credits and mr mobs meagre wages wont cover rent, ctax and bills. ive reduced all the bills i can. and we wont be entitled to any form of benefits.
There's someone in my head, but it's not me

Comments

• lorraine
    lorraine Posts: 526 Forumite
    Options
    with the weather not being to bad now what about betterware or avon or something similar??
  • Anthillmob
    Anthillmob Posts: 11,780 Forumite
    Options
    is there an outlay for that?

thanks
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me
  • astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    Options
    there is no outlay for avon, i'm not too sure about the others x
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • lorraine
    lorraine Posts: 526 Forumite
    Options
    With Avon you need to pay I think £14, but not upfront, they take £7 from your first order and £7 from your second, but they give you some brochures to start you off from, then you need to buy your brochures from there onwards. The good thing with avon is it is well known and has a good customer base you may even be given a ready made round!. As with betterware I don't think there is an outlay with them nor do you need to buy the catologues but its so much harder to find a round that isn't already covered. Kleeneze has a massive outlay and the books are heavy if you haven't got a car.

HTH

Lorraine
  • sarahspain
    sarahspain Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    I sell Usborne Childrens Books, you can sell them at parties, baby and toddler groups, school book fairs, libaries, coffee Mornings etc....

It's normally (sometimes they have offers) £38 to Join and you get over £80 of books plus stationery to start you off. You also get opportunities for free books and discounted books, so a lovely way to build up a collection for your own children or to give as birthday/xmas presents.

Send me a PM if you would like any further info.
  • Josie64
    Josie64 Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    lorraine wrote:
    with the weather not being to bad now what about betterware or avon or something similar??

what about Kleeneze? , you pay £75 to start (you get a Business Kit, which includes 50 catalogues and a A4 file which includes all the information on how to do Kleeneze) but I earned £99 back the first month, I do 5hrs a week (3hrs collecting/delivering catalogues and 2 hrs delivering orders)and earn between 232 - 319 a month , I am registered as self -employed with Inland revenue because I don't want any sleepeless nights worrying about owing the taxman thousands! ( i wish)
    Options
    search out the great bit on the side hunt which i believe now resides on the mortgage free wannabe board.

a lot of it is web based (surveys, click thrus, mystery shopping, cashback etc) so you can pick and choose depending on your schedule. to be honest, you probably wont earn your fortune, you it does give you money to pay for the little extras (eg gift vouchers, which sell well on ebay, or can be given as gifts).

if you want more details or referral links, feel free to PM

p_d
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    also, forgot to add, have you thought about entering chops into beautiful baby contests/ catalogue modelling?

its not something i have any experience off (and its a sensative area, which a lot of parents will not consider), but worth considering perhaps?
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does Mr mob come in at a set time and/or do you have anyone to look after chops until he does. When eldest was 7 months I went back to work 2 evenings and 1 sunday morning per week at a newsagents/convenience store, then changed to a monday-friday 5pm-8pm at a big DIY chain.

You may not wish to do this but if you and mr mob both work at least 16 hours you might get help with childcare costs. www.entitledto.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure