Is this the same for ALL mixer taps?

Options
It hasn't occured to me before but someone has just told me that if I want to keep my fast flow rate, then I need to stick with separate 'ordinary' bath taps. If I go for any kind of mixer, then the flow rate will be reduced and the bath will take longer to fill.

Is that correct? I know the integrated bath overflow/fillers can take longer but is it the same for any other mixer or wall spout too?

I'm not sure I want to substitute the practical aspect just for the 'look'. I'm very much a bath person (with no patience :D).

Also, Grohe have just told me that none of their products are suitable for my water pressure (6.5) but I thought you could get a reducer or something put in? I didn't find the Grohe person very keen to help tbh. She just told me, 'ask at a local showroom and they'll discuss it with you'. Why couldn't she? :rolleyes: Think bored and you'll get the idea.....might go to Crosswater now. :D
Herman - MP for all! :)

Comments

• hotcookie101
    hotcookie101 Posts: 2,060 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't really know the proper answer-but we just did our bathroom and have a mixer tap in basin (with single lever that twists) and have great pressure. We also have a mixer tap on the bath-it has 2 separate taps and one spout iykwim (not sure if is still technically a mixer in this case?) and it is MUCH quicker than our old separate taps, but that may be new pipework (although no bigger than was previously) but defintely not worse.
    We have this one
    Our plumber/bathroom fitter told us, and it was my understanding before, that low pressure taps are ok with high pressure system, but you can't use high pressure taps on a low pressure system as they won't work....
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't know the answer either, but do know in my last house the bath had seperate taps & took forever to fill the tub.The water was from the mains with a combi boiler for hot water.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure