Tobacco Online

Options
2»

Comments

• dropscone
    Options
    I've tried herbal tobacco and it's kind of odd tasting, nothing like cigarettes. I found a combination approach of strong tasting foods (lots of garlic and chilli and mustard in everything) plus things to do with my hands (like eating grapefruits by having to peel the pith and stuff off individual segments) plus reading Alan Carr's Easyway to give up smoking (I think Paul McKenna does a give up smoking book too) all helped me give up - it did take a few attempts but it worked in the end :)
  • geordie_joe
    Options
    Of course its dodgy. any 'cheap' tobacco is dodgy

Well, at least we agree on something.
    But its alot safer than buying from various other sites.

The "various other sites" being ones that are not as safe as cqout.

Isn't that the same as saying "Being punched by Joe Bloggs isn't as bad as being being punched by blokes who punch harder than him".

Pay using the cqout escrow service and any payments are fully covered.

I've just read about that, and it actually says you are fully covered if the good are not as described.

In the case of tobacco, they are described as having the correct labels. Having the correct labels does not mean they will not be seized by customs and excise.
    Most of the sellers post from within the Uk so it doesnt even pass through customs.

But they say they are based in Belgium and charge postage from Belgium. If the tobacco was posted from the UK there would be no need to tell people about the laws governing labels on stuff imported and exported to the UK. They could simply say they werein the UK and would post from the UK so these laws don't apply.
    Ive been buying from there for the last year without a single problem.

I'm sure you have, but you haven't been caught yet. ;)
  • geordie_joe
    Options
    I want to quit smoking. Has anyone tried the 'herbal' tobacco? I'm thinking that nicotine free ones with patches may help!¬

I tried herbal ones back in the 80's.

At the time I was working for a large building company. Were were "revitalising" a large housing estate, and had taken over 4 of them for our offices. The house were joined together and had 3 floors each. We just "knocked through" each house to make one building and turned all the bedrooms/living rooms etc. into offices.

I was in an office at the bottom of one end, and lit a herbal fag (bought from the chemist, not a dodgy one). A minute later the site architect, who was in his office which was at the other end and on the top floor, hit the fire alarm because he smelled the smoke and thought the building was on fire.

Never again, they smelled and tasted like burning wood shavings.
  • emmliss
    emmliss Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    i can tell you this is not worth the hassle i ordered 2 packets of 10 tobacco and waited 3 weeks still never arrived then monday morning can getting kids ready for school this was a couple of years ago,when a knock at the door it was customs they had a warrent to search my house for tobbacco they thought i was illegally importing it to resell there was a van full of them 7or 8 they went through everything in my house loft, lifted up floorboards you name it they searched it it was the most degrading thing that has ever happend to me,they stopped my package as it entered the country and so had my address of course they didnt find anything in my house but com on even my knicker draw was searched,they told me that my name will be on record for 5 years and each time i leave and re-enter the country i will be seached and guess what every holiday since ive been picked out for a full search.

So take my advice everyone PLEASE DONT BUY .
    IM A DTDER ADDICT
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport