budget shower enclosure: which is the best one of these???

Options
About to install a quadrant shower. This is the first one I am getting installed into the house so do not have experience of which is the best. I have seen a few for under £150 at screwfix and there is a Hydrolux on offer at Plumbworld but I am unsure of which brands out of these are the better quality.

Swirl make http://www.screwfix.com/prods/99298/Bathrooms-Showers/Showers-Enclosures/Shower-Enclosures/Curved-Enclosures/Swirl-Chrome-800mm-Quadrant-Shower-Enclosure

Moretti make http://www.screwfix.com/prods/69171/Bathrooms-Showers/Showers-Enclosures/Shower-Enclosures/Curved-Enclosures/Moretti-Silver-800mm-Quadrant-Shower-Enclosure

Hydrolux http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/hydrolux-800mm-quadrant-504-15914

Does anyone have any of these installed in their home and if so, could you give a review? Also does anyone know of places seeling them cheaper?
Thanks

Comments

• andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When it comes to water and keeping it in the cheaper enclosures do it badly

Moretti- You cant get spares for these

Try your local PTS have a flair enclosure and mira flight tray for 215+vat on offer this month
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • mighty_mondo
    Options
    Hi, sorry ive never added a link in a post before so hope this works.....IM A NEW USER SO THEY WONT LET ME POST THE LINK!!!..this is perhaps a differrent model but i bought a 900 x 900 quadrant enclosure last year from B&Q for £150 and installed last month and its quality is fine, no leaks anywhere, the door seals are fine etc and these are at a great price just now on their website

check out the B&Q website quadrant shower enclosures they are all reduced to just over £100
  • andrew-b
    andrew-b Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Would highly recommend Twyford Geo6 enclosures (plus an MX group shower tray) - PTS or showers-direct2u.co.uk - latter being where we got ours.

Andy
  • Saeed
    Saeed Posts: 733 Forumite
    Options
    andyhop wrote: »
    When it comes to water and keeping it in the cheaper enclosures do it badly

Moretti- You cant get spares for these

Try your local PTS have a flair enclosure and mira flight tray for 215+vat on offer this month

Do you know if this is a quad? Was about to pop down to the local one, but it's closed now until monday.
    check out the B&Q website quadrant shower enclosures they are all reduced to just over £100

Unfortunately, the Valencia Quadrant is sold out everywhere, it was on for £112
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saeed wrote: »
    Do you know if this is a quad? Was about to pop down to the local one, but it's closed now until monday.

Unfortunately, the Valencia Quadrant is sold out everywhere, it was on for £112

Yes choice of 800mm or 900mm quad

For the price its about as good as it gets, The MIRA trays in B&Q are £150 to non trade!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • Igol
    Igol Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    Trueshopping has a pretty good selection of showers at reasonable prices, cant fault the delivery either, though the instructions enclosed could have done with being in english :)
  • mighty_mondo
    Options
    Unfortunately, the Valencia Quadrant is sold out everywhere, it was on for £112[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry mate, i hadnt checked the availability before i posted

DOH!!
  • amilotte
    amilotte Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried any of the reputable businesses on ebay, we picked up a lovely frameless and low level 900 quadrant for far less than what we would have paid in the shops? Only problem is, of course, you cannot see before you buy......
    :jThanks to everyone who post competitions/freebies :j
    Started comping June 2011 and wins/freebies so far are..
    JLS cd Tabasco sauce Toothpaste Simple eye corrector pen Armarni Sport Code Bio effect serum Charles Worthington hair straightening kit Lancome mascara Rimmel mascara £50 gift card Breakfast Cereal
  • Saeed
    Saeed Posts: 733 Forumite
    edited 24 August 2009 at 12:36AM
    Options
    Had a look on ebay, saw an aqualux one with tray and waste for £220 delievered, think it was bigbobsbathrooms or something. Not really wanting to buy off ebay when this amount of money is involved. I can probably get the same price from a normal store plus the guarantee that goes with the enclosure. Most ebay products do not have guarantees as usually classed as 'seconds'.

My specification has changed - now I'm looking for a slightly bigger 900x900 quad. Went to a showroom this afternoon and saw what the cheap end of the scale are like. The seals on them looked pretty poor. I will go and visit PTS as andyhop has recommended. Seems a good price for a 900x900 branded enclosure and tray and like he says, it's worth paying a bit extra for decent enclosure which keeps the water in.

Just for the benefit for other people in the same boat I have listed below what I have found so far (all Quadrant):-

Screwfix Swirl enclosure 800 or 900 silver = £101 delieverd
    Screwfix Moretti 800 or 900 silver = £131 delivered
    Bigbathroomshop Milano 800 or 900 sliver + waste + tray = £240 delievered
    PTS Flair 800 or 900 + Mira tray (waste included?) = £~250
    Wickes 900 + tray + waste + manual mixer = £239 instore
    Plumbworld Coram 900 + waste + tray = £435 delivered.

Hope that's useful to someone and saves them some leg work and petrol.
    Saeed
  • andrew-b
    andrew-b Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You usually get what you pay for ..if you buy cheap you may end up buying twice. I wouldn't have considered any of the one's in your list other than maybe the coram one but i'd consider that to be in a different pricing bracket and of higher quality. Our geo6 900 quad plus tray currently works out about £482 at the place i bought from as mentioned above. Total cost of our bathroom (well shower room) is still less than £3k as i've made savings elsewhere (i.e DIY it!) despite using branded products - £750 of it on the shower enclosure and shower valve and biggest other cost was plastering at about £450.

Andy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family