We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Fix A Trellis

Options
Hi Everyone,

I bought some willow trellis from Wilko's the other day but there are no fixing instructions or screws etc. Whats the best way to fix it to a (painted) brick wall?
I was thinking about fixing a couple of bits of baton running lengthways on the wall and then pinning the trellis with u-pins to them. I think that might look a bit odd though.
I guess my other option is to drill some holes and put some screws in the wall, then attach it with wire to these.
Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• alanobrien
    alanobrien Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    With that kind of trellis i tend to use tea cup hooks as this makes it easy to move if necessary.
    Screws, even masonery nails and wire are equally as effective.
  • mcspanna
    mcspanna Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I have a couple of fan-shaped bits of willow trellis on the side of the garage, there were some old U tacs in the mortar of the wall and I just attached small bits of wire to these. Depending on the size, willow trellis isn't heavy and won't need much fixing. The two fans I have are 6ft by 3ft each and are only fixed in two places on each one - there is a clematis growing up each one and no problems yet!
    "According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible" Bee Movie 2007
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure