We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Half price seeds

Options
I was in Wilkinsons today and noticed that a lot of the seeds are half price. Mostly flowers but a few veg. Worth keeping and eye out for.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde

Comments

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was in Wilkinsons today and noticed that a lot of the seeds are half price. Mostly flowers but a few veg. Worth keeping and eye out for.

Is that own brand or Johnsons?

As in my local all Johnsons went 75% off about a week ago. Very litle left. But on there own brand they still not reduced.

And the really strange thing is they have put some of there own brand garden tools on 75% off but not on others. I am after some forks and I am still waiting for the price to come down :rotfl:

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • gazza975526570
    Options
    In the Leeds store they had 75% off roundup pump and go - reduced from £25!
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »

As in my local all Johnsons went 75% off about a week ago. Very litle left. But on there own brand they still not reduced.

And the really strange thing is they have put some of there own brand garden tools on 75% off but not on others. I am after some forks and I am still waiting for the price to come down :rotfl:

Yours

Calley
    sorry I can't recall the make.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • cjb02
    cjb02 Posts: 608 Forumite
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »

Yours

Calley

I am at Wakefield store and it is a mix of both,. mostly Johnson and mostly gone. some wilko's but not many reduced yet. will keep checking
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport