Single Parent Holidays

Options
Hi has anyone been on any seen any holidays for single parents in the uk, there is just me and my daughter and everywhere i have tried is sooo expensive im not tight but please if anyone could give me a break... it would be much appreciated. Thankyou :kisses3:

Comments

• astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, everywhere seems to be based on 4 people, so its like paying double for it! all i can think of is butlins, if you go half board you only pay for 2, not sure what the family holidays are like, have only ever been to adults only weekend there, i'm searching with ya too x
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • tightrs
    tightrs Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    How about haven or centre parks where you pay per unit not per person
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • lancsman_2
    Options
    Holiday camps/villages can be a very loneley place for a single parent, trust me I found out the hard way. :confused:

It really depends what you want to do. If going abroad look at booking flights and hotels independently. Always find hotels where you pay the room price not per person price.For a lot of package holidays not only do you find yourself paying 2 adults prices but then they have the cheek to charge you under occupancy supplement on top because there is ony one adult.

Best advice, join one of the single parent groups on the internet and see if anyone wants to share a trip or there is a group of people already planning anything.

D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport