What Have U Done 2Day That is DFW Stylee Wed 26/4/06

Options
Again just starting thread...will update later...good luck all.
Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly

Comments

• fizzel81
    fizzel81 Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    not a lot today will be putting the washing on the line as the sun is shineing.
    and going to make myself sew a button back on a pair of maternity jeans meaning i have 3 pairs again and saving me the 30.00 on a new pair that i would have spent this weekend
    DFW nerd club number 039 :p 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :money: i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb £6,247.98/£6282.80 :T
    sealed pot 2670g
    2009 target £4k + cb £643.89:eek: /£6412.80
  • Cantdance_2
    Cantdance_2 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    So far... sorted out all my monthly credit card payments with reference to the amazing snowball!

:j

And... finally - CUT THE CARDS UP!!

Been meaning to do it for some time but always thought I needed an emergency back-up, well not any more. If I haven't got the money I now can't buy it - simple as!!

:T

James
    Total Debt: Owe about £19,000 on credit cards plus £24,000 which is my half of joint loans.
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well done james! i have cut all my cards up too. i have been squirriling away some money in a savings account, to feel comfortable enough to cut them up as i have 4 children and was worried about emergencies. now have a little pot of money for such occurances, i do not need the cc's. they have been cut up and thrown away.....its a cash life for me from now on!!
    November NSD's - 7
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Done one load of washing so far, and the washing up.
    Have phoned British Gas to tell them they can have some money 5th May, and same with seeboard who I told could have outstanding balance on friday.

I have this sinking feeling that May is going to be just as difficult if not more so as April! Have just incurred a £39 charge for unpaid cheque from Halifax. I didnt even send the letter with the cheque in and noone is admitting to having posted it in my house.Not that it matters I still have to pay them.

Credit card is up to its limit again. Really wish I could kick myself.
    SNAP!!!!!
    Right must snap out of it. I've been offline for a few days wallowing in self pity!
    Will make this work if it kills me!!!!
    Still haven't received card from I.F for my BT.Hope it turns up soon though!
    Still waiting to hear from interview on friday, got a call today about another one but it's not offering any more money :( really could do with a boost in income!
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • jos_4
    jos_4 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    I've paid £250 into our savings account. I have walked everywhere, which is amazing with a moaning 4 year old in tow!! I have hung all the washing on the line and saved my self a huge sum by dying my own hair.
  • ozzyfan_2
    ozzyfan_2 Posts: 599 Forumite
    Options
    good for you James! :j

2 loads of washing done & on the line.
    Shepherds pie & apple crumble about to be made which should last for 3 days as theres only me & ds3 here for the rest of the week.
    Paid a cheque in for £35 which someone owed me :)
    Bought Daz citrus washing powder for £1.39 using a £1 off voucher.
    20 extra Tesco clubcard points for buying milk with voucher.
    Bought a pressie for Xmas to put away from Lloyds Pharmacy £2.50
    And I bought 14 new birthday cards in the charity shop for 10p each but now I feel like a cheapskate even though they're really nice & I should be pleased at getting a bargain! :o
    I think I'll have to write some extra nice messages in them to stop me feeling so guilty! :D

Have a good day everyone :)
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Made all veggies on their last day of life into soup, huge pot for picnic after work tomorrow w/ home made bread
    Froze loads of bananas instead of chucking them s they can turn into smoothies at a later date (or no fat icecream, just whizz 'em in blender and add honey)
    Not leaving house!!
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • mom23
    mom23 Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Have done loads of washing and have used my free sample of comfort!!
    Have got ready made spag balls out of freezer for T
    Have listed 2 items on ebay!(got loads more to list b fore tomorrow God i hate that bit!!LOL)
    Just filled car up with petrol and just managed to stop cheeky beggar overcharging me by 3.00!!!(bought a few other bits and he can't add up!!!) having said this a few months ago i wouldn't have even noticed!!
  • Sunnydoo
    Sunnydoo Posts: 320 Forumite
    Options
    Paid £20 into holiday savings acct

Brought all my fruit & veg from the market

Got 4 packs of tiger prawns for £4 as they were reduced & had an offer of save £5 if you brought 2 packs

Not much else today !
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 44

• summerday
    summerday Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Options
    I'm planting some pepper seeds when I get home, to give us yummy bell peppers for salads in summer.

Tonight I'm going to send some letters to previous customers of my p/t business, hopefully a few will come back and make me a little £ in the process.

I will have a bath in the Tesco own brand bubble bath I got half price for 49p and smells just like Radox.

My expensive face cream that I got for much less expensive than in Boots etc from Ebay arrived today (thanks for the details Hermia, it's great!).

I'm going to prepare dinner from whatever is in the freezer, think there's some fish in there that I got on offer in Iceland a while ago, will do with mash and veg.

Sarah
    Yesterday is today's memories, tomorrow is today's dreams :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure