Parcelforce 48 service

Options
Posted a HUGE parcel from my local Po on Saturday 22nd and paid for Parcelforce 48 hour service which guarantees delivery before 5.30pm 2 working days (48 hours) later.

I paid extra as I had been unwell and my buyer wanted it by Wednesday (tomorrow) so out of goodwill, i paid for the 48 hour service,

Now the blooming thing has arrived.

Checked the status on the web and its saying `package in transit` and that it only left my local depot at 4pm TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!

I`m so annoyed, not only because they said they `guarantee delivery`, but also because my buyer is getting grumpy about it and she seems the sort to neg me over this !!

Any ideas on how to sweeten her up abit?
Debt Free Jan 2010!
(Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
:j

Comments

• withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    Claim back the 25% delivery charge refund you will be entitled to from Parcelforce - that's all you can get for their 48 hour service.

Paypal your buyer the 25% refund - that might help???
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Sugar_Coated_Owl Posts: 12,379 Forumite
    Options
    It's definately worth complaining to Royal Mail/Parcelforce. If they offer a 'guaranteed service' (which you paid for) then they are obliged to fulfil it.

I would just apologize to the buyer for the delay, perhaps offer a small compensation to her (depending on the overall value of the item) as a gesture of goodwill.
    --><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.
  • mussgo
    mussgo Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there......am pretty sure that saurday and sunday are not counted as days ! so having nothing else to do, looked on web and saw this amoungs the small print .....

"Working Day" means any day other than a Saturday (save for a Saturday on which Parcelforce Worldwide has agreed to make a delivery), Sunday, Bank or Public Holiday, Good Friday and Christmas Day and any other day on which the Parcelforce Worldwide network is closed.

Is there a chance it might be delivered tomorrow??
  • Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Sugar_Coated_Owl Posts: 12,379 Forumite
    Options
    The above poster has made a valid point.

If you posted it Saturday evening it wouldn't have been collected until Monday morning at the earliest. So 48 hours would be Wednesday right?
    --><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    Yes it will be with buyer tomorrow as even though you posted it Sat it won't ve officially classed as posted until yesterday - although really the PO should have told you this at the time of posting.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    Same thing happens to special delivery and other guaranteed services from the Royal Mail. Even though there are collections on Saturday and Sunday so your package might get into the system on those days, they don't count as working days so for guarantee purposes, your package doesn't officially get going until Monday (or later if Monday is a bank holiday).
  • liz_uk
    liz_uk Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Still not been delivered today and its been 3 working days now.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Angry buyer on my case now !
    Debt Free Jan 2010!
    (Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
    :j
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    What does the website say when you enter the tracking number?

It may say the buyer has been carded for instance.
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport