🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

recommend my holiday

Options
i want some recommendations for my holiday, i wil be going with just my 2 kids 9 & 7. i want to go abroad but worry it may be too hot i was planning to go the end of august. if you have any recommendations i would love to hear them
thanks
susiesue
Julius Caesar, and the roman empire, couldn't conquer the blue sky

Comments

• Lady_E
    Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    Menorca, Majorca or Costa Del Sol always fair bets when taking children. Temperature wise , I am guessing it will be in the 80s. Or how about South of France , Montpelier region - very nice in and around there plus reasonable priced flights ????
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what kind of holiday are you wanting ?
    laze by the hotels pool & kids clubs galore type thing ? or do you want to DIY it and explore the surrounding areas and have days out etc? hire a car or not?
    how many hours travelling time?
    a hotel ? or a site eg like kepcamp / canvas type holiday?

costa del sol is good,we have taken our 2 there since 6 months old has many places for days out esp for the children ,lovely typical spanish villages / towns if you are prepared to drive
  • fishhawks
    fishhawks Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    A few years ago I went to Lanzarote, and although it was hot there was always a breeze - this was in the resort of Costa Teguise which is always breezy anyway. Plenty of suncream needed, but kids played in pool etc and were fine.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • susiesue_2
    susiesue_2 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    hi, thanks for your suggestions.
    i have booked the 3 of to go to menorca. im so excited, it will be the first time abroad on my own, well im with the kids but i'll be in charge.(or will I?)
    susiesue
    Julius Caesar, and the roman empire, couldn't conquer the blue sky
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    excellent you will all have a fab time im sure :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport