Music recording gear insurance?

Options
I am with the Prudential and i have been sent my renewal notice which is £289.80 for a years buildings and contents insurance.It covers an unlimited standard cover for buildings and contents up to £40,000 as well as acicdental damage.

I have a bedroom studio where I write and record music but am only at the stage where Its not yet a carear.The Prudential didn't seem keen on covering it in this current premium so i am not even sure if I would get a payout.

I would just like to know if anyone in a similar position knows of a company that will cover musical instruments/Computer and synthesizers to around the value of around £10,000 in all but, some of the equiptment has dropped in value over the years as technology has become cheeper.

If anyone knows of a company that is more competitive than the current one I have I will be most gratefull.

Thanks.

Ian.

Comments

• malamala
    malamala Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, you can try this one:
    https://www.musicguard.co.uk

they are under Pavilion Insurance management Limited

We have been using this company for two years.
  • hubballi
    hubballi Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, but do they cover house contents as well as music equiptment as it isn't clear on their website?

Ian.
  • malamala
    malamala Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most home contents insurance will say they cover you for 40,000 pounds, but then they say they won't cover you for high risk items.

So what you need to do is, get two policies as it will be cheaper and you will be guaranteed to be paid out on a claim:
    one for your home contents (you will have more companies to pick from to get the cheapest quote)
    and another policy for you music gear (we find music guard the cheapest, but if you find any another, please let us know.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure