Options
13»

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    maniac886 wrote:
    Cant the brown wire be connected to the existing aerial we have outside?

Yes it can but to feed several TV's you need a distribution amplifier. The downlead from your aerial goes into the input socket and then you connect each of your downleads to different rooms to the outputs. The unit also needs to be connected to a mains supply but this can easily be picked up from the lighting circuit in the loft.

HTH
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    espresso wrote:
    Yes it can but to feed several TV's you need a distribution amplifier. The downlead from your aerial goes into the input socket and then you connect each of your downleads to different rooms to the outputs. The unit also needs to be connected to a mains supply but this can easily be picked up from the lighting circuit in the loft.

HTH
    So do i need to do something in the loft....sorry i am really confused!
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
  • espresso
    Options
    maniac886 wrote:
    So do i need to do something in the loft....sorry i am really confused!

Obviously I don't know what your current set up is but if you can break into the downlead from your roof aerial and fit a distribution amplifier in line, you can then connect the other downleads that feed the other rooms to this amplifier. You can't just keep connecting extra TV sets to one aerial, as the signal from the aerial needs to be amplified first. I have a similar box which then feeds the other rooms in the house.

HTH
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • maniac886
    Options
    i might already have one of those in my loft because the rest of the rooms have a working aerial socket (4 of them).
  • espresso
    Options
    maniac886 wrote:
    i might already have one of those in my loft because the rest of the rooms have a working aerial socket (4 of them).

OK so you need to connect your non working downlead to this then. Unfortunately these distribution amplifiers come with various different numbers of outlets i.e. 4 outputs, 6 outputs etc. Therefore you may need to swap the existing 4 output one for one with 6 outputs. see the current Argos cat. page 355.

;)
  • maniac886
    Options
    Thats if i can find the damn thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing