Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

GDP Q2 Increases in Germany & France

12346»

Comments

• julieq
    julieq Posts: 2,603 Forumite
    Rubbish, they are important base data for forecasting all sorts of things so they're hardly likely to be fiddled. It's not done as a PR exercise.
  • nearlynew
    nearlynew Posts: 3,800 Forumite
    julieq wrote: »
    . It's not done as a PR exercise.

No.

Not much.

:rolleyes:
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you never know whether they are genuine or not" -
    Albert Einstein
  • chopperharris
    chopperharris Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Not all car sales are linked to the scrappage scheme.

Take a look at unit sales on the attached link.

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/news/918268/Top-scrapheap-Kia-Hyundai-benefit-car-scrappage-incentive-scheme/

The European manufacturers are still suffering.

I agree they are , but in the case of "ze germans" helped by their own car scrappage scheme as they mostly bought german cars....we however bought the product of puppy munchers...sorry if I offended but its not racist if its true.

I wonder how many of them were also mobility cars?

I have driven kia and hyundai , I dont rate them other than on price.I once was in a dealership and enquired about the price discrepancy of the sonata , and it also being a shared car with kia....guy said well your paying more for the hyundai badge!!!!!!!.Fine for pensioners , those on benefits , and you dont need to worry about them being modified by boy racers...well outside korea/japan.

It might sound like I am banging the wok instead of a drum when it comes to china cars , but they are the next big thing.So will be india if it gets its finger out instead of mr tata pleading skint and wanting HMG handouts.Gone are the days of china clones of eu maker models for the big 4 chinese makers , the likes of lifan (known for cheap ebay bikes) are raising money by ipo to take them on in a new direction ....and looking inside the vaccum created by the big boys

A particularly good read is the chinese car times , imo theres 2 generations overall difference in vehicles now between the chinese and the europeans ,yet only 1 with the americans and approaching the likes of the koreans.One thing thats interesting is the roewe , pronounced rover , and the remarking of the rover 75 .... which was rovers xf if a little too late to rescue it.The 75 was/is a great car , rover of old if you will , when it could stand side by side with jaguar.

The press here ignores the china car biz , unless its to comment in cloning a european marque.ITs a big mistake , pride comes before a fall , much like cark makers in the US thinking trucks sales will go on forever the europeans dont think theres much of a threat from east as long as they are selling their own stuff there....how wrong they are.
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
  • julieq
    julieq Posts: 2,603 Forumite
    nearlynew wrote: »
    No.

Not much.

:rolleyes:

Not at all. The situation in the economy is bad enough, you don't need delusional paranoia on top.

GDP figures are derived from hard data and the methodology to derive them is published. They are used by government and industry to inform investment decisions. They are not created as a PR exercise.
  • nearlynew
    nearlynew Posts: 3,800 Forumite
    If you say so.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you never know whether they are genuine or not" -
    Albert Einstein
  • tomterm8
    tomterm8 Posts: 5,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    nearlynew wrote: »
    GDP figures are produced by governments.

So, by definition, they are fiddled and cannot be taken seriously.

If that was true, then why would the labour government print GDP figures that show they created the worst recession since the 1960's?
    “The ideas of debtor and creditor as to what constitutes a good time never coincide.”
    ― P.G. Wodehouse, Love Among the Chickens
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    tomterm8 wrote: »
    If that was true, then why would the labour government print GDP figures that show they created the worst recession since the 1960's?

Its actualy far worse than we've been told. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport