ppi reclaiming

Options
i dont know if posting in right place sorry if not.
i have recently been contacted by capital returns ltd after a short chat with the caller i arranged for them to visit me at home. they say i have got a few claims for ppi mis selling. my mortgage and a loan that are still current,2 old mortgage ppi and a redemption fee,a car loan and credit cards. They work on a no win no fee basis but i would have to pay them between £400 and £900 as an assurance that we dont cancel.this money would be paid back if we win or loose. Also she said that i would have to pay for my account details £11 for every loan and £10 for every mortgage. Does this sound above board as i thought all no win no fee cases meant no money up front. any help would be appreciated thanxs.
unsecured loan £19000 :(
unsecured loan £22000 :(
mortgage £140000 :(

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    nicolacarr wrote: »
    i dont know if posting in right place sorry if not.
    i have recently been contacted by capital returns ltd after a short chat with the caller i arranged for them to visit me at home. they say i have got a few claims for ppi mis selling. my mortgage and a loan that are still current,2 old mortgage ppi and a redemption fee,a car loan and credit cards. They work on a no win no fee basis but i would have to pay them between £400 and £900 as an assurance that we dont cancel.this money would be paid back if we win or loose. Also she said that i would have to pay for my account details £11 for every loan and £10 for every mortgage. Does this sound above board as i thought all no win no fee cases meant no money up front. any help would be appreciated thanxs.

Hello Nicola,

I would be very careful with using these companies, you will as you know be left out of pocket, where all the PPI could be returned to you, if you do have a case of being mis sold.

If you want help with this, you can receive this from this site and there are free templates as well, the most you will pay out for is the stamps.

For more information check here below and ask for help if required, good luck.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any company telling you that you can claim your mortgage PPI back is on dodgy ground from the start.

Only a minority of MPPI plans are mis-sold. MPPI doesnt tend to have the same sort of restrictions you see on loans and credit cards.

For mortgages, then ones that are considered mis-sales are single premium MPPI and where you are not eligible from the start. If either of those apply to you then it is a very simple complaint letter and no need to use a company. If you are paying monthly to a MPPI then that is how it should be and is not grounds for mis-sale.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • russt2000
    Options
    even if you had to use a company ,dont use one like this very punitive fees ,and they shoud not charge upfront fees , if they were any good , if they are coming round then its more than likely an ex double glazing salesman and you wont get rid of him till you hand ocer cash or signiture, cancel it ,have a look arounfd at other peopls attempts and success for ,effort yes ,time consuming could be ,but almost free ,so think hard and have a go here ,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure